“Good Quality Mediteranian Food”
Review of The Garden - CLOSED

The Garden
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ignacio Blvd
Description: Garden Bistro is located conveniently near the freeway. Our dining room is open and pleasant with white tablecloths, and we have a private patio in the back.
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Very nice setting, especially the gardent with a fountain. Food was good quality, but a bit pricy for this type of food. Excellent wine selection. I would recommend this place for lunch rather than dinner, due to limited menu.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

This is almost a hidden secret that you don't want too many people to know about. The food is really good! A friend and I ate out in back on the patio. We had sandwiches - mine was the special chicken and be sure and get the salad with the house dressing. Since it is Mediterranean, we asked what some of the items were and the waitress explained them nicely. Both my friend and I decided that next time she visits, we will go back for sure. There is plenty of parking and it is easy to find on the frontage road.

Reviewed March 29, 2011

This one is a sleeper: You would never guess from outside what a great dining experience is to be had within! The Garden Restaurant is one of my favorites in Novato. I first came to know of it years ago when my girlfriend at the time brought me all the way up from Tiburon to have dinner there.

She probably would not have approved of my later proposing to my wife there!

Anyway, my wife and I love going back on a regular basis. Tonight I had the Prawns with a tubule salad. My wife had the risotto – both were excellent! We enjoy the friendly, family atmosphere. Hilda, the owner, was there with her husband, and struck up a conversation. When the weather is better, we love eating outside in the garden. The house wine is great -- no need to go for a bottle.

Be careful not to confuse ‘Garden’ Restaurants in Novato! This one serves Mediterranean food and is at 333 Enfrente, near Ignacio Blvd. There is a different, Chinese Garden Restaurant further North, on Redwood Blvd, the Phoenix Garden over on 5800 Nave Dr., and a Shanghai Garden restaurant at 471 Entrada Drive in Novato, and even more in San Rafael and Petaluma.

1  Thank Zoot_Mon
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We have been going to this building over the years in its many incarnations as different restaurants, but since Hilda and family took over, it has risen to the status of "Our Favorite" very quickly! Beside the great menu, Hilda creates different specials every day with flavors that please the palate in so many ways...supurb! The wait staff is very personable and have been with the restaurant for many years! Fantastic Mothers Day brunch...we never miss it! We will go back here many times!

Reviewed May 21, 2009

This is one of our favorite places and we live near Napa Valley, where restaurants are great. The food is fresh and delicious, the staff is amazing, everything is wonderful. It is a beautiful place with flowers and a lovely outdoor seating area. The desserts are out of this world, including the homemade chocolate fudge cake! The choices are healthy and the servings are generous. We highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank Trista411