“Great Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Manchester, NH
“Great Thai”
Reviewed April 30, 2009

When I walked in to pick up our take out, I was a little confused by the decor.... moderately Asian with a lot of French paintings and decoration. We picked up our food and came home and my friend told me it was because the owner/chef studied in France and theres a little bit of a mix on the menu such as with the desserts. So now, I find it interesting that I understand that.

The food was available when expected, it was a good temperature when we got home, it was obviously fresh. The staff was very friendly to us and double checked that we had everything which I appreciated.

I had chicken basil, it was great. If you want it spicy, make sure to specify. Everyone else in our sizable party had a great meal.

Novato, CA
“Sister restaurant to Thai Ginger Bistro in Petaluma”
Reviewed November 9, 2008

This Thai restaurant had a soft opening on Oct. 19th and when we found out it had opened we decided to go. It was lovely to find several other tables already dining on their opening night and while we were there I noticed a couple of take out orders as well.
We are regulars at their original restaurant, Thai Ginger Bistro in Petaluma so we were delighted to hear that they had plans to open one in our hometown.
The Novato restaurant has the similar decor as Petaluma (warm, red painted walls and nicely set tables with votive candles and wine glasses). The owner said that they have plans to open up an outdoor patio for dining.
The menu is the same as the Petaluma location and just as good. We started with the Chicken Satay accompanied by peanut sauce and a cucumber salad. I had the Garlic Chicken entree and my husband had Cashew Nut Chicken. Both were delicious! There are teas, sodas, beer and wine.
The restaurant is slightly larger than the adorably tiny Petaluma one but still as charming. The owner's charm and friendliness is what brings us back time and time again. She treats all her customers like they are guests in her home.