“Sweet and Tasty”

Add it.
Thai Bistro
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Service, food, and presentation were fantastic. The food was brilliantly arranged to appease to the eyes while the taste appealed to my stomach. This is an extension of the place in Petaluma, but with a much bigger lay out. The Pad see ew was fantastic.

There are newer reviews for Thai Bistro

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Sad Suburban Strip Mall. Anywhere, USA. Once inside Thai Bistro however, you are transported into an eclectic mix of Paris, Provence, Thailand and Kitsch - with touches that are welcoming and charming. The ambiance is quirky but exuberant: red sponged walls, photos of Paris, a Thai altar, large paper flower centerpieces, A central table that is set "for decoration" has large paper flowers, glass grape twinkle lights and elaborate china. It is oddly wonderful and pretty.

The food is brilliantly presented with expertly cut veggie flowers and roses as garnish.(see their website for photos) We had Pumpkin curry and a green salmon curry special which were light and fresh. The green curry had a nice spicy kick that was flavorful, not just hot. (all plates licked clean.) The Pad See Ew was delicious, not too salty or overly gravy-ed, I asked for tofu, and it was cut into little flower shapes! The appetizers were very good, a raw spring roll with delicious peanut coconut sauce, fried spring roll, and especially the refreshing cucumber salad with a hint of sesame oil. We had beer and wine, and the selection is quite nice and a good value. (a very drinkable Pinot Noir from France $8.00 glass) All the food is served on colorful bistro dishes in various patterns, another nice unique touch. The owner Louise, waited on us and she has a super friendly smile and calming demeanor. She surprised us with a mango sticky rice dessert that was a fresh and yummy finish to our meal. Such a warm, generous gesture.

Minus marks for a dried up condiment jar (quickly replaced) and the lighting could have more ambiance - perhaps candles on the tables, or sconces, rather than the low-watt overhead ceiling lighting.

I will certainly return. Is it worth the drive from the city? Perhaps. But definitely if in the Marin or Sonoma Area, fear not the strip mall, and go! This place is unique and singular. The service is outstanding and friendly and the meal is on par with great Thai restaurants in SF.
It's an adventure. They serve dinner 7 days a week!

1  Thank Musiva
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Tucked away in a strip mall it is easy to miss. We were starved after a day of biking and driving up the coast. The food was great. My wife had a peanut curry with loads of steamed broccoli on a bed of spinach. It was wonderful. But the service was the real treat. The waitress just made us feel so welcome and asked about our day. When I mentioned it was my wife's birthday she surprised her with a plate of coconut-pineapple ice cream with a candle, complete with her and a customer singing happy birthday! An unforgettable meal!

Reviewed April 30, 2009

When I walked in to pick up our take out, I was a little confused by the decor.... moderately Asian with a lot of French paintings and decoration. We picked up our food and came home and my friend told me it was because the owner/chef studied in France and theres a little bit of a mix on the menu such as with the desserts. So now, I find it interesting that I understand that.

The food was available when expected, it was a good temperature when we got home, it was obviously fresh. The staff was very friendly to us and double checked that we had everything which I appreciated.

I had chicken basil, it was great. If you want it spicy, make sure to specify. Everyone else in our sizable party had a great meal.

Reviewed November 9, 2008

This Thai restaurant had a soft opening on Oct. 19th and when we found out it had opened we decided to go. It was lovely to find several other tables already dining on their opening night and while we were there I noticed a couple of take out orders as well.
We are regulars at their original restaurant, Thai Ginger Bistro in Petaluma so we were delighted to hear that they had plans to open one in our hometown.
The Novato restaurant has the similar decor as Petaluma (warm, red painted walls and nicely set tables with votive candles and wine glasses). The owner said that they have plans to open up an outdoor patio for dining.
The menu is the same as the Petaluma location and just as good. We started with the Chicken Satay accompanied by peanut sauce and a cucumber salad. I had the Garlic Chicken entree and my husband had Cashew Nut Chicken. Both were delicious! There are teas, sodas, beer and wine.
The restaurant is slightly larger than the adorably tiny Petaluma one but still as charming. The owner's charm and friendliness is what brings us back time and time again. She treats all her customers like they are guests in her home.