“Great Italian Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bel Marin Keys
Reviewed December 19, 2011

My brother surprised us with a visit from Ohio and my mother took us here for dinner. This is one of her favorate places to go, but it was my first time. Everything was great! I can see why she comes here often. The food and the service cannot be beat. The prices are a bit high, but well worth the quality of the food and service. I started with a caprese salad and then had lamb chops. The three chops were each a double bone chop cooked to perfection and covered with a reduced balsamic glaze. It was accompanied by roasted potatoes and sautéed veggies. My Créme Caramel topped off the meal impeccably. I cannot wait to go back.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Just got back from Italy and was craving some decent pasta. After researching local Italian restaurants, I came across Aurora; I had driven by before and figured that since it was relatively out of the way, the food must be good. The food turned out to be mediocre at best. The appetizer of fresh clams and muscles was undercooked and not edible. The fresh paparadelle were smothered and overwhelmed by the unsavory meat sauce; we were not sure that they were indeed fresh. Overall we both agreed that we would not bother coming back.

Reviewed February 2, 2010

Located in an industrial park near the Marin Humane Society, AURORA'S is owned by Aurora and Carlo Scatena and occupies the site that was formerly Christopher's. Cheerfully updated, the restaurant is filled with warmth and charm. Rotating collections of art decorate the walls and Italian music adds to the ambiance.

Aurora's is open for Sunday brunch, lunches and dinner. Fortunately for us, it's only one highway exit from our home, so we dine here often -- usually for Saturday night dinner. Other restaurant patrons also appear to be locals and small groups of friends frequently gather here. Outdoor dining is available in the daytime hours. This is a happy place. The air is filled with laughter and lively chatter. At peak hours, the acoustics are not the best and the place gets a bit noisy, so we always choose to come at 8:30 when the crowds have died down.

The menu offers a satisfying array of appetizers, salads, pizza and pasta. The minestrone soup is thick and hearty and delicious. Bruschetta comes as flavorful rounds of bread topped with fresh diced tomatoes, basil and olive oil. Yummy! Veal and Chicken Parmesan, lamb and fish are featured regulars on the menu. Specials of the day are available each evening. Every dish is fabulous. We've never been disappointed.

But while the food is delicious and moderately priced, it's the congeniality of the owners and waiters and the attentive service that keeps us coming back. Diners are greeted by name and if you're a repeat customer, the restaurant staff knows your eating patterns and will start to serve you before you've even glanced at the menu. Even the cooks know my husband's personal dining preferences without prompting!

1  Thank abubnic
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Food is good, not great. Tortellini Alfredo had frozen peas. There was a wasp indoors for the duration of dinner. Friendly staff.

Reviewed May 26, 2009

Good selection of authentic dishes, freshly prepared and well presented, at very reasonable prices