“Nice hotel for the price, we will stay again.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed February 24, 2011

We booked this on Price Line and only paid $65.00 for each night and were very happy with the hotel. Very clean, clean room, great staff. They even gave us a cookie when we checked in. What really sealed the deal with this place, was we left an envelope full of cash in the room. We realized that we left the money in the room after we left. My wife called told them what happened and they kept the room locked until we got back and retreived the money. That wouldn't happen in a lot of places!

Would have been better with an indoor pool and free internet. The business center allowed you to surf for free and they had printers for free also.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk

Reviewed January 5, 2011

a fine hotel in a safe location with restaurants and a movie theatre complex
nearby, we traveled with a large group and experienced friendly service and
a clean and comfortable room. To our knowledge, the other members of the group
were well satified with their stay. the breakfast was excellent with fast and helpful service by the restaurant staff. we noted that there is free parking here which is a definite plus in the LA area. one of the managers, a mr. guzmann, was extremely helpful and informative.
we do intend to revisit the LA area on our own, without a group, and we will definitely stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 10, 2010

We pricelined a room here when visiting family. This is our first morning after checking in late last night. Very clean and the staff is so nice.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Did a Priceline bid, great price $41 a night plus fees. I stayed here when it was a Marriott and it wasn't bad then. Called the desk, running late and check in not until midnight if not later. The desk person was very nice and said, "we are not even nearly sold out, there will be a room for you." Ok, get there, must have interrupted the desk person as I can see he was working on some type of desk duties. Took about five minutes plus to get me checked in with no other people in sight. Get to the room, looked remodeled, but then I hear the humming of the freeway. Hold it, not nearly sold out and only 20 cars in the parking lot which holds 150 and you assign me a room facing the freeway? The maze to get to the elevator was a joke. Too tired to haggle with him and waking up and out the door by 5am, forget about changing rooms. Oh, the wallpaper across the hall was falling off, I mean completely off. This hotel isn't easy to get to if you are on the I-105, I-5 is the easier access. I was trying for the Doubletree Commerce but this one pops up. Checking out, the TV version was not working, down to the desk, the clerk was in the back. After waiting and waiting, I wrote on the jacket of the key card, checking out room***. Walked out the door to the parking lot, made it to my car and saw the clerk come out from the back office. See Ya.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank TravelingChumley
Reviewed November 18, 2010

This was an expensive property it is now a Doubletree and appears to have been recently updated. Seems to be aimed mroe at groups than individual travelers. It is extremely hard to find even with a navigation unti as it is in the back of a parking lot for a shopping center/cinema. Staff did not know the area well They were very unaccomodating. I needed to go out early for business and they would nto let me order a breakfast the night before. ANother traveler commented on the same thing when he came down. There was no front desk clerk at 5:30 in the am property was open to absolutely anyone to walk in. For the higgher rate I would pass on this location. Filled out comments on the property no one got back to me.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Stevied888
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Traveling on business and arrived at the Doubletree Hotel Los Angeles / Norwalk at Midnight. The hotel is tucked behind a mall/movie theatre so your GPS may not take you to the front door...be ready to drive around the buildings and parking lots a bit looking for the entrance. It was late when I arrived and very tired, so I just wanted my room key so my head could hit the pillow...speed of check-in is one of the small benefits I get as a Diamond Member...but instead I sat at the front desk for 10+ minutes while the night manager fumbled around the computer obviously having some type of issue checking me in. It would have been nice if he would have just said what he was doing, instead of just doing "whatever" and not saying a word. Hello? Communicate with the customer...it's probably in the training manual somewhere. Anyway, the night manager was a really nice guy otherwise, so instead of being aggravated, I went to the meagerly stocked in-hotel store to get something to eat while he was figuring out his issue. I was hungry, so I just wanted a drink and a sandwich or salad. Too much to ask? Yep...because all they had was every piece of horrible junk food you can think of, but nothing with any redeeming nutritional value...seriously, nothing, zip, zilch. I'm not exaggerating when I say they had 30+ different types of candy and chips, but not even one single protein bar. The layout of the hotel is also really bad...it seems like the architects just randomly placed the areas with no mindful thought to the flow. The elevators are at the far end of the lobby behind the bar, past the restrooms, past the conference rooms, past the hotel office, etc.. What were they thinking? Also, the 'Business Center' is strangely situated and not at all private...you're sitting shoulder to shoulder with everybody else on the computers...definitely not a place where you feel comfortable at all doing any type of business or emails whatsoever. Another design flaw that probably looked good on a blueprint, but #Fail on actual use of the area. It may sound like I'm bagging on this hotel, but that's why the title of this review says, "w/ a Few Quirks"...it's just things that catch my attention since I've stayed about 80+ nights at some type of Hilton family hotel or another this year alone. But, the food is great, the walk-to movie/mall/restaurants area big bonus and even though the surrounding neighborhoods are sketch, the hotel itself seems very clean and safe. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank happytravels777
Reviewed October 5, 2010

The lobby and common areas of this hotel are awesome. Very modern, clean, and trendy. Once you walk off the elevator to your room, you feel like you've gone down a few stars at a hotel. I actually felt quite uncomfortable. The rooms are very, very out of date. Not the cleaniest or the nicest. I wouldn't recommend this hotel. The neighborhoods you have to drive through to get to it are also very sketchy and don't look safe. Go over your hotel bill with a fine-tooth comb, I had extra charges on mine that weren't mine.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank wanderlust678
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
Best Western Norwalk Inn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Norwalk
DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk? Share your experiences!