All reviews outback steakhouse double tree front desk warm cookies orange county breakfast buffet free parking la area nice hotel restaurant staff would stay here again los angeles easy access up to date fitness center freeway lobby
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Everything was good but i am not going anymore to this hotel, anyways if you going over there, bring something for break fast with your self. because they will give you only warm cookie for free and they will charge you for a cup coffee!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Great front desk staff , quiet room, super breakfast staff. We stayed for 10 days and eventually got to know the breakfast cook ,Douglas , he got to know us. After a while , he made me items off the breakfast bar menu. Yes , i tipped him but didn't have to do it. He is proud of and excellent at his craft.The wait staff including Eva and hostess Fanny and the others whose name I didn't note were attentive and efficient. We stayed on the freeway side of the hotel and did not have an issue with noise.

Room tip: 3rd floor has a scenic view of the air conditioners units and the second floor roof so don't ask for a low floor if you plan on looking out the room windows. The rooms on 3rd floor are quiet even with a wedding going on in the banquet room. 7th floor has a nice view.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CareTeamManager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We understand that when you are away from home for 10+ days it definitely helps if you feel comfortable in your surroundings....it sounds like we delivered just that. Your feedback is much appreciated! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

When I first arrived I was greeted by a friendly Heather who cheered me up completely. I was working all day, tired and ready for bed. The room was comfortable and soundproof (my favorite.) The restaurant staff was also very friendly the next morning. The host, Asia was attentive and prompt to seat me and the server, Edward was genuine and also friendly. The entire staff seemed to have a genuine friendliness that truly makes all the difference when staying away from home. I highly recommend this location.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Brian B

Thank you Brian for the amazing feedback about your recent stay and our “fantastic staff”. We are so very thankful that we have such a great team that really enjoys interacting with our guests. As a result of your specific feedback I have personally thanked each team member you listed and provided each with a thank you gift from the Hotel.

We look forward to having you back again!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed here for the weekend of my son's wedding (as did many of the out of town wedding guests). We thought the hotel, although an older property, was attractive inside and out, spotlessly clean with very comfortable rooms. Our room was on the side opposite the I-5 freeway, and was quiet. We have heard that others who were on the freeway side did not enjoy such peace and quiet, especially in the early morning. The very best feature of this hotel, however, is the staff. Well trained, friendly, willing to go out of their way to accommodate any request. Heather and Christina on the front desk, Fannie in the Sonoma Grill and Kimberly in the bar and lounge were over-the-top gracious and professional. Overall, I'd give this hotel 5 stars if I could.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Tom D
CareTeamManager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

We are just thrilled to hear your feedback about our amazing Team Members. Our Team is sincere in our interactions with guests and as you noticed that makes all the difference. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Hotel is located inside a cinema, restaurant and other structures. Not easily found. Hotel has many amenities and is comfortable. The area is quiet and set back which is a plus. Staff were professional and catered to our requests in a timely manner.

• Trip type: Traveled with family