DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Double Tree Edgewater has rustic Montana charm with top notch service. It is close to the University and close to freeways for day trips. The restaurant is right on the River Edge for dining with a view.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Hammad I, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Leann A,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at DoubleTree Hotels however it seems like you have us confused with the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Missoula - Edgewater? We are looking forward to welcome you to have another wonderful stay at another DoubleTree hotel i.e. DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Norwalk, CA

Hammad Ismail - Guest Services Manager

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Very comfortable. When the opportunity arrives I will stay with them again. The staff were nice, rooms were clean,everyone was friendly. Out and around the hotel i felt very comfortable. I was very comfortable. Wish my stay was a little longer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel has a very nice lobby and excellent bar, though the wine offerings are really awful. Still if you are looking for beer or a mixed drink, will be fine. The "business center" in the lobby has three computers and none of them worked properly. Printers failed consistently. The staff, which is very friendly, tried to help by letting me use theirs, but even these did not work! Still, kudos to the staff who managed to print my boarding passes later and get them to my room.
We had two connecting rooms, one a king and another two doubles. The beds are comfortable if a little soft. The A/C, which is a window unit, seems to blow either too cold or not really at all. We went with too cold for a while, then throttled back at night.
Bathrooms are tiny and not much to write about. Pretty plain. The rooms needed some help, some brightening up or something. Seemed a bit on the old side, but not horribly so.
Be aware that the hotel backs right up onto Hwy. 5. so ask for rooms that are far away from the freeway and face the front parking lot.

Room Tip: Stay away from side closest to Hwy. 5.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kev1438

Dear Kev1438,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us in regards to your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Norwalk. It appears that the service we provided was positive however generally speaking your feedback about our facilities was lacking. We are excited to say that in the near future the Hotel will be going through a renovation and business center is part of renovation. We will be adding one iMac and one Windows touch PC with advanced printer that guest can print from guestrooms also. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

Hammad Ismail - Guest Services Manager

Reviewed September 28, 2013

i was disappointed in the hotel- i have stayed before and happy this time not so happy. Not having someone to help with luggage at a Double Tree- not having a frig in the room or a micorwave - is not good for me - on business i need these things.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Hammad I, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Helen W,

We are sincerely sorry that you were not happy with your recent stay. Our front desk agents are trained to inquire about luggage assistance with every guest that checks into the Hotel. Unfortunately, we did not follow through with this step during your interaction with our team and for this we apologize. The Hotel does offer guestrooms with a fridge and microwave however these amenities are located in our Suite rooms. We hope you will grant us another opportunity to show you another positive experience as you have seen during you past stays with us. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Hammad Ismail

Reviewed September 25, 2013

My family and I made reservations for two nights and this was our first time In Norwalk...We live in San Jose....I myslelf work for Hilton and being a Hilton team member should not mean that I get treated any different at a Hotel when checking in.....When my family and I arrived at the Hotel on Friday Night the 20th, The lady who checked us in was very blah...She didn't greet us with a smile and was not informative or helpful at all...She did not mention the restaurant hours, room service hours, or if they did had a pool or gym on property...We had to ask where the elevator was twice just because she was not clear....I work for a hotel and if I had to rate this check in it would be a zero...She did not deliver a perfect check in...The room was nice and clean, the only thing is that the bathroom had no bath mat...Overall I would not book a reservation again at this property again...Customer service needs improvement!!

1  Thank Liz V

Dear Liz V,

Thank you for your review. Please note that all guests are treated the same at DoubleTree Los Angeles Norwalk despite of what rate guest is paying. Please know we do listen to our guests’ feedback and wish you had given us the opportunity to discuss your concerns with the Hotel Manager during your stay. This would have allowed us the opportunity to address your feedback in order to help make your stay a positive memory. We pride ourselves on guest service, but learn from our mistakes. We have taken this opportunity to share and provide additional service training with the team member you mentioned. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

Hammad Ismail

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We attended a Birthday Party that was being held in the Hotel, we decided to stay at the Hotel. We made a good choice. The hotel is beautiful, clean and the staff was very friendly. I would stay again if I had the opportunity .

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Outstanding. I had 2 rooms, both clean and very comfortable. The Executive suite was nice and the complimentary breakfast in the mourning was great. I didn't stay in the other room, but I was told they had a very comfortable night sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
Best Western Norwalk Inn
Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Norwalk
DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles
Holiday Inn La Mirada
Holiday Inn La Mirada
#1 of 3 in La Mirada

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk? Share your experiences!