DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
$110
  • Restaurant
Luxury Inn(Norwalk)
$85
Budget Inn Santa Fe Springs(Santa Fe Springs)
$102
$88
Travelocity
$89
$61
$76
All reviewsdouble treeoutback steakhousefront deskwarm cookiesorange countyfree parkingbreakfast buffetnice hotella areawould stay here againlos angeleseasy accessbusiness tripfreewaylobbyamchousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a great all around hotel.
The staff are pleasant, the decor is wonderful ... very colorful and tastefully done.
The restaurant is nice as is the bar area.
The fitness club is brand new as of the end of 2012. It is expanded and wonderful. There are many machines...weights...nice quality.
The lobby is beautiful.
Michelle at the desk went above and beyond to meet my needs.
The bathroom in my room was very clean. The bed was comfortable.
The towel size was great and the water pressure was good. Plenty of hot water.
So...why not a "five star rating?"
Trust me, I wanted to ... I love this hotel that much ... but, there were some deficiencies.
The biggest was wall "grunge." I'm not sure how else to describe it.
If management see this and is curious ... go to room 507. Don't just hurry in and hurry out. Stop and really look at sections of the walls. Grunge is the only way to desribe it.
I have stayed at this facility before. It used to be a Marriott some years ago.
...and, although I have to say that Hilton put tons of money into renovating it (I stayed also during that renovation period...) I think that the original Marriott walls and beige wall paper are still there.
So, once the walls get changed/painted ... then it will get a true five star rating.
(I ended up in two rooms this night because my toilet stopped working. The walls in the second room were the same.)
Would I stay again?
Absolutely! One of the nicest all around hotels!
: -)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2013

on sales of 1 to 5 this hotel gets a -5. No wake up calls both days...food extremely poor...service 3...overall rating for this hotel would be a -4 Staff care less for our group...checkin in time took at least 45 minutes even though they were called 45 minutes ahead of tiome and knew we were coming

Room Tip: there are no good rooms at this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bruce c
Jonathan O, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Good Morning Bruce.

Thank you for taking the time post a review and for sharing your experience with us .My name is Jonathan, manger here at the Doubletree by Hilton hotel in Norwalk CA. I apologize for the service that you received. I would like to discuss with you the issues that you experience during your stay with us. If you could please give me a call at the hotel I would much appreciate it. Also, I will be speaking with our management staff to resolve every issue to make sure that this does not happen again. Thank you and have a wonderful day. You can contact me at 562-863-5555

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights while on a business trip. Bathrooms don't have a fan and I ended up setting the fire alarm off in the room 2 days in a row, front desk calls to make sure things are alright so it's a pain running around and trying to get ready when you can't see in the mirror. Breakfast buffet was good, service in restaurant was amazing! So attentive! It was a good stay but I've definitely been in nicer hotels.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Nice, comfortable, clean hotel. Staff is excellent. Not many hotels on this area that I could fine. 20 minutes from LAX. Good hotel for business travelers. I believe here is a freeway side - hotel close to freeway. Not noisy. 10 minutes to malls several directions. Was working in area so convenient.

Room Tip: I believe here is a freeway side - hotel close to freeway. Not noisy. 10 minutes to malls several directions. Was working in area so convenient.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Before I start, to put things in perspective, I work offshore and have slept through generator and drilling noise. The walls in this hotel are paper thin.I was kept awake by the person in the room next door who seemed to have gathered all is friends staying at the hotel to have a conversation lste into the night. I called the front desk @10pm and again @11pm to try and get them to keep my neighbour quiet but they couldn't. The only help they offered was a change of room, however this was not an option for me because my 3 year old son was already asleep. I could also hear all the doors on my wing when they were opened and closed.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Anistein
Jonathan O, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

We’re sorry that we didn't provide you with a rewarding experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy hallways and thin walls. Your comments will help us correct these issues as well as do a better job of assisting guests experiencing noise issues. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in the area.

Jonathan Orr