“Excellent Service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Warm cookies upon arrival. Large rooms with sheet wrapped quilts! Excellent restaurant service. Extremely clean and comfortable with theaters and Outback next door.

• Stayed: December 2011

Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed at the Doubletree for two nights on a weekend pleasure trip. I've stayed in other Doubletree properties before that were average at best and was not expecting too much with this one. I was pleasantly surpurised however. The staff were quite courteous, from welcoming me on my arrival late in the evening to greeting me each time I went in and out of the hotel door. The room was larger than average and quite well appointed with flat-screen TV, comfortable beds and nice-sized bathroom. My only complaint was the lack of enough bath towels - there were only two in the room and I could have used another. I did ask the maid for an additional towel, but she apparently did not understand my request and I made do with what I had. Room service was average, but reasonably priced and delivered promptly, even at 11:00 p.m. Locating the hotel from the highway or even from streets within Norwalk is a bit confusing, as the property is back a way from the street and the driveway into the hotel is not well marked. I had to remember to find the large cinema first and then knew the hotel was behind it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing I-5. My room was a bit noisy, especially in the morning.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Just stayed on business for three nights. I am diamond HH member. Hotel is very clean with clean rooms. I was upgraded to corner suite. Got a coupon for full breakfast, free cocktail and free appetizer on each day. Rooms have window unit AC but not sure how loud as I didn't use it. Bed was a bit firm but good sheets. Flat screen TV with hi-def. Wifi was strong with great speed.

Everyone I talked to was very helpful and friendly. Location a little tricky to find. Plenty of free parking.

Will definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: Get room on front of building away from highway. Traffic gets noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveler_ko
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Hotel is really nice, great service and the rooms are spacious. I stayed on a weekday for business and had inquired about having a lunch meeting there and the sales and catering staff were exceptional. There was a movie theater walking distance which was pretty nice. I would stay again!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank r0bem
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Wow - I got no sleep. It was horrible. This hotel is right on the highway. I told them about this - they didn't seem to care. The hotel is nice and clean and the breakfast was a very good value - about $11 for the buffet which included an omelet bar. This hotel is great - except that you can't sleep. I'd suggest asking for a room not overseeing I-5. I'd have given it a 4 or 5 if I could have at least gotten 4 or 5 hours of sleep instead of 4 or 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelManSouth
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed there for a wedding and I was happy with my stay. We only needed the room for sleeping and because all people from the groom side were staying at the hotel. I liked the fact that they had a flat screen ( but no HD channels when I stayed) and nice large bathroom. As a hilton family hotel, you expect to have a great room and hotel and I think it hit the mark.

The only thing I didn't like is that I came from out of town and relied on wireless for business but you have to pay for wireless. It's probably a normal fee for big hotels. I went down to the lobby to use their business center computer for free.

I do recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This place was GREAT! Loved the location very centrally located! I loved the clean, classy, modern look at this location. WOW and the bar in the center was nice. Excellent customer service despite the multitudes of travelers coming in. I was greeted with a smile and got nothing but top of the line service. I really loved this place. I even stayed an extra night since I liked it soo much! Everything was clean and up to date... I would definitely highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
Best Western Norwalk Inn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Norwalk
DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles
La Quinta Inn & Suites Buena Park

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk? Share your experiences!