“By Far The Nastiest Place I have EVER Checked Into”
Review of Motel 6 Norwalk

Motel 6 Norwalk
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Norwalk
Long Beach, California
“By Far The Nastiest Place I have EVER Checked Into”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I checked into this hotel because of the trip advisor reviews and the "newly renovated" sign. WRONG. I checked into a non smoking room only to find cigarette burns in my bed spread. the sheets were dirty and had some red streaks on them. The floors were all filthy, and the walls actually had finger prints in them. The room tub was dirty from previous guest and they were kind enough to leave me an open bottle of beer and a stack of beer caps next to the night stand. The wall paper was peeling away from the walls in several places. The dirt and dust on the air vents was so nasty, i turned off the air because i didn't want to spread anything around. The room does not come with any toiletries, it comes with a soap dispenser. Just nasty.
I went down to see the manager who was in the apartment connected to the hotel. She told me to be grateful that I just got a newly updated room. She then got back on her cell phone and closed the office window and locked it. NEVER Stay here. It's nasty. every bit of the room made my skin crawl. i didn't even stay long enough to find another hotel online. i searched from the safety of my car.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 26, 2014

the room was fully equipped and was cozy. i had to stay for a night there as i was flying through LAX. location is perfect and they have remodeled the rooms with new tv and good Aircon... the staff working there does a good job!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 28, 2014

the staff is doing a GREAT job since the place is under going some rentation,the room was clean, the bed was great, the breakfast was SUPER GREAT I am suer we will be back as a grand son is at Point Park.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

First time moved to west for a Job in LA. This hotel was not to far from downtown but it was in a nice city Norwalk. My project was for 1 month and for initial 1 week I was staying in Double tree which was a 3 * accommodation but due to some reservation issues I was able to able to stay there. On finding I came to know about this place with $66/day then I thought of staying here for a day or two and then go back to Double tree. But when I checked in the room it was very much similar to double tree in fact it was far better then that. Standard hotel carpet, refrigerator, microwave, iron , television and right opposite to Walmart and other big stores. After staying here for a day I extended to 2 weeks. It was really a nice place even the management guys are very cool and helpful.

Room Tip: Most of them are good.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2013

It was ok for me my husband and two kids big beds roomy but smells like stale smoke ...and we booked for Thursday thru Monday and they did over book and we had to go to another hotel but they got the room for us ..but we checked out early from rhodeway inn cause ants were covered on walls bathroom and sofa ..we saw this and up and left it was so bad

• Stayed July 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We paid about $80 for this motel for our 5 day stay. It is not exactly in the middle of LA, but the location was very convenient in terms of all the amenities close by, there is a Walmart right opposite, affordable restaurants etc. In fact I feel violently ill the night we arrived and my husband could very easily find a 24 hour pharmacy close by.

The motel doesn't look like much from the outside but the rooms are clean and well kept. The bathroom looked pretty updated. The air conditioning was a little funky, but nothing unmanageable. The bedding was okay. They said there was breakfast included - but that was just a rude joke because breakfast consisted of store-bought donuts and some really poor coffee. Considering that there were several affordable brunch options nearby, this wasn't a major inconvenience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel often. Matter of fact I stayed at this location 2 weeks ago, so I thought that I knew what to expect.

Granite vanity and window sill, double-paned windows, standard hotel carpet, refrigerator, microwave, iron and a tv. Sometimes the room has a desk and small table.

I opened the door and stared in surprise at beautiful wood floors.

Very nice.

• Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
Best Western Norwalk Inn
#2 of 8 in Downey
Lambert Inn
Lambert Inn
#5 of 11 in Whittier

Been to Motel 6 Norwalk? Share your experiences!