“Yummy Shaved Ice”
Review of Shave It

Shave It
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Norwalk
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I love love love this place, the shaved ice is so good, especially when combined with Ice cream or sweet milk. I usually visit the Thousand Oaks location, which is always crowded with lines out the door and nobody minds waiting for this cool treat. My favorite combination is Banana and Pineapple shaved ice with coconut Ice cream, sometimes I get banana and coconut ice with coconut ice cream. Either way, it is most delicious and very cooling when the temperature goes above 100! They have many wonderful combos of ice and ice cream including chocolate, and root beer which is my friends favorite. They also have a long list of sugar free flavors which alone equals zero calories! I never get the sugar free but I should, for now I am completely addicted to this place and wish these was a location closer to my home in Ventura!

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Having been to Hawaii this place is ok but it doesn't quite compare to the shaved ice you get in Hawaii. There are lots of flavors for the shaved ice and even a few sugar free varieties. The smallest size is too much and my favorite thing about this place is the macadamia nut ice cream. The cookies n cream ice cream was really good too. I liked the option to add cream to the top but I felt there should be a bigger portion of ice cream at the bottom and they seemed to skimp on that part. They give you a rewards card also. The place is trendy and I liked the music and atmosphere. It's a good place to bring a friend to try something new but not a place I would frequent. It's located in a strip mall close to Subway. There are plenty of seats indoors.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I found out about Shave It on a local radio show interview. It is about 16 miles from my work and so I tried it out. I almost wish I hadn't! I have driven the 40 miles from my home on a weekend just to satisfy the craving. Shave It is not a snow cone. It is soft, fine ice with the best ice cream I have ever had. Service can be slow but its worth it. They are making the dessert customized for you. I get the Afternoon delight with coconut ice cream. Try some frost on it. The aloha dream (coconut ice cream, pineapple, mango and passion fruit "flava") yummy! Might have to go get one now.