“GREAT QUIET PLACE OFF THE INTERSTATE”

Motel 6 Palm Springs North
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had a great room (120) with a big tree outside the door, providing shade. I don't like hiding behind closed drapes, like some tweeker, so the view was of the nearbty mountains. The pool was right there, and an adjacent Denny's Providing 10$% off. And my main reason for staying: a dispensary right next door! "Just look For The Green Cross".

Room Tip: Ones facing away from the Interstate, will be much quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed in a fair number of Motel 6's and it is always a hit or miss affair. This one was mostly a miss for us. We chose it because it was convenient and since we were in a Uhaul truck towing our car their parking was a plus. And the Denny's next door was also a plus. Check in was smooth and they were nice. That's the good news.

The bad news started the instant we opened the door and were greeted by a cockroach. Kicked it out and hoped for the best. After dinner, we were watching the limited tv offerings on the old school tv and I looked down and sure enough there was another cockroach. Killed this guy but while we didn't notice another one, where there's one or two there are usually more. Not good. The sheets were so thin they almost didn't exist. Ditto for the towels. I know this is not a Ritz Carlton and didn't expect it to be, but I would say this was one of the worst Motel 6's I've stayed at. Won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Was passing through, needed a place to stay while taking a break from driving, found this very convenient place to stay. The front desk staff was very nice, professional & quick. The swimming pool was a bit too cold, considering the surrounding temperature. Room was clean & comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Booked this hotel for the Coachella Music Festival weekend. It's farther away from the festival and the cheapest place we could find. We used the shuttle service that we picked up at Agua Caliente Resort. It's about 3 exits down I-10 from this hotel. The hotel is right off the highway. The hotel was sold out the whole weekend we were there. When I made my reservations the only room left was a ADA (handicapped) unit. The bathroom had a roll-in shower which is basically half the bathroom is the shower. Not a big problem just took a little getting used to. No problem with it & the water temperature was good. Didn't like that the fan came on with the light. Can be annoying in the middle of the night. You can hear when others are using their showers so it can be noisey. There was no hairdryer so I was disappointed about that cause I didn't bring one. No refrigerator, no drawers for clothes. Had to live out of the suitcase for the 4 days we were there. Not many outlets in the room so was a problem when charging Ipad & Cell phones. TV is an older type & some channels didn't come in well. Had to pay for Wi-Fi each day. Beds were fine. Its near a truckstop so I think truckers stay there. I got woken up at 5AM by some utility workers that must have been staying there. They were filling their coolers outside my room. Making a lot of noise slamming doors, talking & the sound of ice being broken up & poured into coolers. It's next to a Dennys & gas station. Dead bolt didn't work very well. It was broken. Pool was dirty & full of sand when we got there. They had a sand storm before we got there so they had to empty the pool & clean it. So it wasn't available for 2 days. But they it was sparkling clean after that. 2 nights in the middle of the night (3AM) the fire alarms went off. Scared the life out of us. There was no problem don't know why they went off. There was a sewage smell around the pool. Not sure what that was about. Front desk people were nice. The grounds were kept up pretty well. All in all it was an okay stay considering we weren't at the hotel a lot of the time. Just wish we could have had better nights sleep.

Room Tip: Try to get a room by the pool so you are not by the parked cars & main road. They would be quiet...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Ive stayed atart this hotel many times, over the years and have always been pleased. The front desk staff are always fast and efficient. The rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable. Everything the traveler needs.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank ChuckMosher
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The room was clean enough, and exactly what I expect from a Motel 6. We only stopped to sleep, and didn't even test the shower. Slept on the bed and scooted out before the sun rose. For that, it was a bit too high priced. I'd expect to pay around $49 for this stay, not the $76 that we were charged.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2012

There was apparently a lack of review about this place so I am contributing one now when it's still fresh.

Pros
1. The major reason for us to stay here is the price. It was about 75% of the price compare with any other Motel 6 in the Palm Springs area.
2. Friendly front desk.

Cons
1. Big NO NO if you are a non-smoker like us!!! Smoking and non-smoking rooms are in the same building and they share the same AC and air ventilation system! That means "non-smoking" room is full of all the secondhand smoke from other smoking rooms. Many rooms turned off AC and let the doors and windows wide open just so that we can breathe a little better. (Fortunately it is not too hot or cold at this time of the year.)
The smoke would come in again if you turned on the light in the bathroom, because the ventilation would be on in the same time.

2. Wi-Fi is not free. It costs $2.99 for 24 hours. But it's a minor thing.

3. Shower can sometimes be only lukewarm.

Room Tip: Horrible place for non-smokers. I guess it's a good value for smokers.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SDCA2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Palm Springs
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#7 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
#51 of 75 in Palm Springs
Motel 6 Palm Springs Downtown
Motel 6 Palm Springs Downtown
#55 of 75 in Palm Springs

Been to Motel 6 Palm Springs North? Share your experiences!