“The CLEANEST & nicest Motel 6 I've ever been in”

Motel 6 Palm Springs North
Las Vegas, Nevada
“The CLEANEST & nicest Motel 6 I've ever been in”
Reviewed April 20, 2011

As someone who's stayed in a TON of hotels, motels and rodeside inns during my life, I generally avoid Motel 6 at all costs. I grudgingly booked this one 6 months ago (luckily it turned out to be Coachella weekend) and I got a really good rate. We ended up getting a room for about $45 a night and split a couple ways was right in my budget!

This hotel is IMPECCABLY clean. I couldn't believe it. The bathroom had zero mold, zero wear and tear on the tiles, ceiling or molding and no discoloration or water damage. It also had a new and clean BATHTUB which is often hard to find in a Motel 6. True, there were no shampoos. Only toilet paper and a little bar of soap, but jeez... bring your own shampoo. There was free cable, free HBO, a pool (unheated), vending machines, washers and dryers and Ice.

Wifi is $2.99 for each 24 hour period. You buy a card and type the code into the website. That's fine with me. It was really fast.

The pool was kind of cold but they cleaned it every morning which ruled. This place was a great CLEAN and no-frills place to stay for Coachella and a GREAT value. A lot of other budget hotels in Palm Springs crank their prices up to $250 a night for this weekend. I even ended up having to check into a smoking room for the first night. I never checked out because it was so clean and it didn't smell like smoke at ALL.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 1st floor for pool access!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Jersey
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I booked this hotel as a place to stay for the Coachella Music Festival in Indio about 25-30 minutes down the road. Didn't want to pay super high prices in Palm Springs prices so I opted for this place at around $85 a night. Arrived at the hotel at about 1:00 am of the day I was supposed to check in. Went to talk to the (totally incompetent) desk person about maybe letting us check in early. He first told me there was no record of my reservation. Killer...just what I wanted to hear after a 17+ hour drive. Went through the trouble of finding the months old confirmation email on the trusty iphone, gave the number to mr.nightdesk, he takes 15 minutes, and STILL, no record. Turns out it wasn't coming up in the system because the day hadn't rolled over yet. Their computers looked like there were from 1993 or so, no update guys?

Anyway, after being informed I would have to wait until 7 am to check in, my friends and I said screw it and checked in for the night. The rooms were clean enough. There was nothing in the rooms, not even mini shampoo bottles, plastic cups, or any of the things I imagine are standards in even the cheapest of inner city, hourly rate motels.

The rest of the stay was rather uneventful. Left everyday at ten and got back at 2:00 am, so there was no issue falling asleep. The hotel had a pool, vending machines, free HBO, NO free wifi ($3 or 4 a day). A couple things are convenient for Coachella goers: a Denny's next door as well as a Circle K with a place to get drinks, snacks, etc. Also, it is quite close to the festival grounds, right off the highway, and if splitting with friends the cost isn't that bad in comparison to what you would pay in Indio. This place was sold out for the weekend and I saw a bunch of concert goers, so it seems like a popular spot for the fest.

All in all, don't expect anything special about the hotel if you choose to stay here. I would shop around if I were you, but if this is one of your only options it certainly gets the job done. Not the spot for a romantic couples weekend, but functional for sure.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank ca8790
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Palm Springs
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
#18 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Banning-Beaumont
Staybridge Suites Palm Springs Cathedral City Golf Resort

Been to Motel 6 Palm Springs North? Share your experiences!