“A great Sandwich.....!!!”

Rancho Nipomo Deli & BBQ
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Nipomo
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We had lunch at the Rancho Nipomo Deli on a recent trip up the coast, and....it was GREAT.

This being our first visit, I decided to try their signature sandwich. A BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich consisting of tender pulled smoked pork with their 16 spices BBQ sauce, piled high on a toasted, baked locally, Teleta bread topped with fresh coleslaw.

Writing this review makes my mouth water...!!!

I also had a side of fries, but that was a mistake. For starters, it was too much food and secondly, the fries were not all that great.

My partner had a Taco Salad with Asada. The meat was excellent. The kitchen made a mistake and made the Taco Salad with refried beans instead of pinto beans, as requested. However, they cheerfully offered to correct the mistake.

There is indoor and outdoor seating so you can bring your dog along, like we did. The location confused me a little bit...basically because of the name of the deli. The location is just north of Santa Maria whereas I was looking for the deli a little further north...in the Nipomo area.

However, that was my own fault....not paying any attention to directions......!!!

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I usually pick up food to go from Rancho Nipomo at least a couple times a month, and I have never had a bad experience. The staff has been very nice and helpful each time I have come in, which is refreshing with so many local businesses lacking in the service department. My out of town visitors always request that we eat there when they stay. The order we got last week was no different. Great quality, large portions, very tasty. Consistently good.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

I had the pulled pork BBQ sandwich and it was indeed good. However, it is not Carolina style at all. In the Carolinas BBQ is a vinegar based sauce. This sandwich is more of a sweet BBQ sauce. It is good, but if you are hoping for authentic Carolina style BBQ you can't find it here.

Reviewed December 10, 2009

I have eaten pulled pork sandwiches from North Carolina and now from here and this place wins hands down. The coleslaw is fantastic, the pulled pork is brilliant and Richard the knows how to cook a great BBQ. I ate here in 2007 on a tour and came back again in 2009.When we reacquainted ourselves with the owner Richard and told him how I tried to replicate the cooking in Australia he gave me a few tips and two bottles of his new sauce to 'try and copy'. Just great.

1  Thank OzTrav09
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Get the pulled pork sandwich it's huge, slow smoked and topped with some great house made sauce on locally baked bread. I'm from Tennessee and never thought I'd find real BBQ (i.e, not tri-tip) in Cali that rivals what the South has to offer. We can't wait to try the full menu!