“Best steak you'll ever have - period.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jocko's Steak House

Jocko's Steak House
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Nipomo
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Camarillo
“Best steak you'll ever have - period.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

If you are looking for a fine dining experience, look elsewhere, If you want the best steak in the western US you HAVE to try Jackos! What this place lacks in atmosphere it more than makes up for in perfectly prepared steaks with huge portions at an affordable price. Even with a 1 to 2 hour wait (I recommend reservations, you'll still wait). I considered myself an eater ubtil I couldn't finish the small spencer steak. This place knows how to put on a feed. They know exactly what medium rare means. Elsewhere I'd say I only get 2or3 out of 10 steaks cooked correctly. Usually overcooked. Not here! Not even with the thickest steaks I've ever seen. Way to go Jackos! My farmer friends told me about Jackos years ago but I always went for the popular McKlintocks in Shell beach. Well, I'm here to tell you I'm McKlintocks free for two years now and loving life. You'll save 30% at Jackos and get twice as much, better food! If you try it and don't love it you need you taste buds examined. Enjoy!!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
santa clarita
“Disappointing lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had heard of the place through a friend ,so I decided to give it a try. I could care less about the place s ambience because good food is good food. I ordered the steak sandwich with fries and beans. The steak was good ,but I don't think it was cooked over an oak grill. I asked my friend about it and he said they pan sear for lunch and oak grill for dinner..The fries were soggy and the beans were chilli style and bland. The waiter was a nice kid,but it was a huge let down for what I expected. Maybe I ll come back for dinner another time ,but it will be a while

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Arroyo Grande, California
“Unprepossessing but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch at this off-the-beaten-path restaurant last weekend. The parking lot was only half-full when we arrived at noon on a Saturday but when we left about 40 minutes later business was starting to pick up considerably.

My wife ordered a Reuben sandwich and I ordered the Big Steak sandwich. My wife claims that hers was the best Reuben sandwich she had EVER had. The corned beef had just been prepared on the prior Thursday so it was fresh and delectable. The sauerkraut was exceptional and not the cole slaw that some restaurants pass off as an element of a Reuben. Fries completed her meal.

My Big Steak sandwich was just that, a pretty large ribeye steak over a couple of pieces of Texas toast. My meal came with a fresh salad, fries and a dish of beans. My only regret about the meal was that my steak was overcooked; I'd ordered it medium-rare and it was closer to medium-well. I brought it to the attention of our waiter and he quickly offered to have another cooked for me. I declined and soldiered on with my meal.

The only other caveat to our meal was the presence of a host of flies in the dining area. The place is open in the back so the flies are attracted to the good food. The tables are 60's-era furniture and the cutlery is a bit aged, too.

But in summary, the service was good, the food was very good (even great) and we aren't turned off by a little exposure to the flies. We will definitely give them another shot because they came oh-so close last visit to a real bell-ringer of a meal experience.

Visited July 2014
Nipomo, California
“best steak sandwich ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Incredible steaks and HUGE portions - salsa you can eat with a spoon (no crackers needed) - and on the lunch menu 'til 4PM, the most delicious steak sandwich EVER, anywhere!!!!!!!!!

Visited July 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Back to Simpler Times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Old school Santa Maria style steak house. Still in the 70's but I came here for the meal not the decor. NY steak (20oz) meal was enough for the two of us. Salad w/blue cheese was average. Garlic/parmesan toast was excellent. They were out of spumoni but the vanilla with chocolate sauce was just the right finish. Desert is part of the meal. Like the idea of being able to order just the sides when the steak was split. Serve regional glasses of wine-ask not on menu. Wine served to the rim in thick glasses. It is old Italian style. Do make reservations. We arrived 20 minutes early and told it would be 30-45 minutes from our reservation time. We were seated 8 minutes early.

• Visited July 2014