“Road food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Went there for lunch . Too late for breakfast & too early for dinner . So I had the jocko's cheese burger . Very good and it was a double ! Came with a small salad & fries . Had 3 cups of coffee & the bill was under 10 dollars , a great value . Now it is very plain and simple and certainly not memorable as far as the ambiance is concerned . Rumor has it that the pork chops are pretty thick & that is what drew mw there , unfortunately I was not able to try them . Also I am hearing the steaks are pretty good too . If it matters to anyone they also have a bar . You want to try the good meats , go around dinner time about after 4 pm . Not fancy nor is the outside parking , looks like they have truck parking and rv parking . We go for the food right ? Will try dinner or breakfast soon ! Will go there again !

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Excellent food, very generous with the portions and the price can't be beat. The lamb chops are WONDERFUL and locally grown. The beans are great. We had reservations and were seated when we got there. If you are looking for ambiance and fine dining this is NOT the place, but if you are looking for a great meal, it IS.

1  Thank Ann H
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch and were disappointed to learn that the oak fired grill would not be used until 4:30 pm. Boo hoo! We did not want to comei back later cuz we were hungry!

We ordered the steak sandwich... Wow.. It was very good...and very large! The steak was cooked on a flat grill, so no smoke and no char, but it was good just the same. However, not as good as the char steak I had for dinner here years ago.

Go. Definitely, but go for dinner for the best experience..

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Not fancy or a lot of atmosphere but wonderful food! super large portions that are delicious. Start with a relish tray and end with ice cream. Lots of choices on the menu known for grilled meat.i had the steak but others enjoyed fish and lamb chops. Even the baked potato was especially good. Speciality of baked beans with salsa. Texans coming here since 1980 & will return.

2  Thank barbaraFortWorth
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We planned our drive to Paso Robles just so we could be at Jocko's about dinner time. It was a Wednesday evening, the place was packed, but after a short wait were seated and I quickly remembered why I had wanted to return. The service was prompt, friendly and started with an "old-school" style relish tray. Next was a fresh green salad, with sliced beets on top just like my mom used to serve at home. My wife ordered the Ham Steak - big, thick, very moist and tender and full of smoke flavor from the BBQ. I completely enjoyed the Pork Spare Ribs - a full rack of some of the best ribs ever! Before leaving I went out back and watched the cooks prepare more ribs and steaks. They told me their favorite Jocko's dinner was the large Spencer Steak. Now I know what to try next time I stop for dinner in Nipomo!!!

2  Thank Skip1950