“The farm and its tour foster a new appreciation for luffas”
Review of The Luffa Farm

The Luffa Farm
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Nipomo
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The farm and its tour foster a new appreciation for luffas”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We paid a 2nd visit to the luffa farm as a result of our first visit. We had such a great time the 1st time we had to go again a year later. The tour is beyond informative, its fascinating to see the various stages of the luffa from blossoming squash to drying out and peeling to reveal a natural luffa. These luffas are soft yet strong and truly last, because they dont process them with harsh chemicals or pesticides! Such a difference in quality, i wouldnt consider store luffas long as i have these. They sell various size luffas including ones for facial or small children or small gift packaged ones. A great product and so much hands on info on the tour!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Gloria-of-LCF

Riverside, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“So Simple Yet...”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I Love Luffa Farm. I found it so simple yet so wonderful I cannot wait to go back. I learned so much. Not only about Luffa (definitely things I didn't know) to things about many herbs. I would totally recommend!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank michelle R
Brookings, Oregon
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“luffas - what a wonder they are!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

i've been using luffas for my showers / baths since i was little -- my mom's sister would send them to us from el salvador, where she was from. a few years back, i found them on line. when i ran out, i picked some up at target -- but they quickly began to mildew inside the strands. i had pretty much given up hope in finding luffas until hubby and i stopped at the luffa farm.

brook gave us a tour of the green houses and explained all there was to know about the gourds and luffas. they're beautiful. i may even be able to talk hubby into switching to luffas!!

brook did a fantastic job and we promised to go back in a couple/few months to see them in full production!

Visited May 2014
Spokane Valley, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Did you know luffas are etible?”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Luffa Farm is worth the side trip off the 101 freeway near Nipomo. This is a family business and they love what they do. You learn why their luffas are soft while the imports are harsh to the skin. They offer a variety of luffa sizes, bath teas, fizzies and other assorted neat gifts. Be sure to take the tour! This is a great way to teach kids about a different type of agriculture.

Note: This is a farm, not a mall so access is just a wee bit more challenging for ADA folks. My knee scooter was slowed on the bark path, but I could navigate the shop with my cane. These folks were so nice, they literally brought the tour to me!

Visited November 2013
California City, California
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Informative Mini Tour”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very neat little farm. Jeffrey was a energetic and informative tour guide. Like many others, I had no clue that luffas grow on vines !

The folks at the farm grow all kinds of herbs - not just the luffas - and make soaps and other bath products, etc.there on the premises (sans all the usual chemicals your get in the store bought products)

Visited December 2013