“Great! we were hoping to find another RR the next day but not so lucky”

and 1 more site!
Robinson Rancheria Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Nice
hols200901
“Great! we were hoping to find another RR the next day but not so lucky”
Reviewed December 29, 2009

What's not to like? Bar staff - excellent! Other staff - courteous, room - excellent, facilities - excellent. Of course you can hear what's going on in the next room, but tell me what other hotel you can't! Paid a lot more in a lot grottier places on the same trip, was hoping to find another RR the day after - not so lucky!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hols200901

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Jose
Reviewed September 14, 2009

My stay was utterly horrible.

The Hotel Manager was completely rude.. She was a heavy set lady that treated me as if my only purpose in life was to pay and go.

During my star there were young people running in the hallways partying hard, stating that it was their casino, and I should stay out of their way or else. A hispanic or native man that I found out later was of high importance in the casinos establishment, offered my sister money to sleep with him and his party for a birthday present. I found out later he was a tribal official by talking with another man whom was the general manager partying with him. A lady had struck the official in the face later, for good reason in my opinion.

I have never seen a place where the business owner utilizes his own resources to satisfy his own vices. It seems to me this place is a cesspool for a group of local owners to abuse their authority, and use thier customers for potential encounters.

When I went back to my room, this same group was located on the same floor with their door open. They were partying like rock stars and it was a pretty obscen scenario. If you want to attend an orgy for obese and underrage drinkers, attend this place. I had to explain many premature situations to my children with all of the esposure they endured by this stay. Indian Casinos are disgusting.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank tiburon9

Travelers are raving about these Nice hotels

Clearlake
Reviewed September 15, 2008

I recently had relatives come to visit me from out of town, and thought it would be a fun evening if we spent one night at Robinson Rancheria. This is a relatively new facility, that looked nice from the outside, and if aesthetics is your thing...this place would seem to fit the bill.
My problem with this place falls into two categories; comfort and customer service.

Visit1) Comfort- I had previously visited a friend who stayed there, and I totally forgot about how thin the walls were. If you are into erotica, and have "amorous" guests in the room next to you, then this is the place for you. You can literally hear conversations from the adjoining rooms, and obviously that evening someone next door was named "Big Daddy"and was staying for the evening

Visit2) Late into the evening as we were watching cable, all of a sudden the cable stopped functioning. no channels worked except the "pay for view". After contacting the front desk, (that had no solution) I suggested that since we were inconvenienced with no cable, that perhaps they could "comp" us a pay per view movie as a "make good". The front desk person had no authority to do anything, and there is no manager there at night, so if you have a problem, there is no one with authority in the whole facility that can make a decision. The final insult was when the desk clerk who after an hour finally reached a manager at home, told me that the manager said if we gave them 20 dollars, we could watch a movie. I was just as puzzled as I am sure you are, and really did not appreciate the attempt to "pimp" me for 20 bucks. I asked for a 1 hour late checkout, and was treated like the world would come to an end if they granted this wish. Customer service is lousy at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
7 Thank maxcell707
Oregon
Reviewed August 3, 2008

A $400 camera was stolen from my car and the entire automobile was ramsacked within 10minutes of the time the valet parked it. The casino manager refused to deal with the problem and refused to show me the survelience tapes.

If you don't want the thieves working as valets to steal stuff from your car then I suggest you don't go there.

GS

Stayed July 2008
6 Thank NLS8
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I've stayed at the Robinson Rancheria hotel for several nights off and on over the past few weeks since i've been temporarily working in the clear lake area off and on. I've got some mixed feelings about the place, which is a shame, because at heart it's really a great hotel.

First off, the value is great for their Sunday through Thursday rate. $69 plus tax. Friday and Saturday nights are over $100, however.

The rooms are extremely well sized, with high ceilings, large windows with high-quality curtains, and comfortable furnishings. The bathrooms are flat-out huge. I'm talking like almost the size of a typical motel 6 room in it's entirety.

The TV's have full cable, with I think just under almost 50 channels, which is extremely nice.

The casino is nice, and the Rancheria Grill restaurant is great for dinner. Really high quality food. The breakfast menu, while good, is brief and a little lacking.

As for the bad...

When you walk in the front doors with your luggage, you are almost always immediately asked by security if you are staying at the hotel. I would think they'd at least wait until I tried to walk onto the casino floor with my luggage before jumping on me.

The last two times i've arrived, there hasn't been anyone at the checkout desk and i've had to stand around waiting at least five minutes. The last time, I actually had to go over to the information desk at the front of the casino and have the hotel desk attendant paged to return.

The Wi-Fi is a serious problem. I think i've almost got it figured out. I've only stayed on first and third floor rooms. On the first floor, I would consistently get great wifi signals with no problems. On the third floor, it'll barely pick up the signal and usually keep disconnecting, no matter how close your room is to the lobby side of the building. Rooms have their own ethernet cables as well, but they are locked onto the room's desk and wont extend out any further than that, which prevented me from using my laptop on the bed. Very irritating.

The absolute worst part of the hotel is the thin-ness of the walls. I'm not a constant traveler, but i've stayed in quite a few hotels, and this is, by a mile, the worst constructed hotel i've ever stayed in, in terms of how thin the walls are. Any and all conversations/
TV's/Noises going on in the room on either side of you will be heard, in their entirety, and in total clarity. This is really dissapointing, considering how high quality the hotel and the rooms otherwise are. The only potential positive about this is that i've stayed a few times in the middle of the week during slow times, where they aren't anywhere near capacity, and they seem to make a genuine effort not to fill rooms one next to the other. So they might be aware of the problem.

Bottom line, it's still a great value with an extremely high quality room, with the only huge issue being the thin walls.

• Liked — New, large rooms with great furnishings
  • Disliked — Paper-thin walls, poor wifi quality
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Bounty8111
saint helenba ca.
Reviewed November 21, 2007

they hold out an extra 100.00 on your credit card when you stay at hotel.they don't tell you so beware.nice rooms but noisy.

Stayed April 2007
4 Thank pinkyone
Southern Oregon
Reviewed May 29, 2007

The casino facility is great. Lots of care has gone into this part of the facility. There are many games to chose from with lots of people winning. Helpful staff with great attitudes.

The hotel facilities, however, were not built with the same care. Our biggest complaint was that the walls are paper thin. You can hear conversations clearly in the rooms next to you and above you. In addition, you can hear motorcycles and trucks come and go outside. You can even hear loud conversations from the outside.

The rooms are very clean and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. If you are going with the casino being your main focus, this is a great choice. But if you are a family with kids, there really is nothing for you to do here. We were stopped at every turn because of our kids. In that the restaurants are located well into the gaming area, just walking to breakfast caused concern for security.

Also, the restaurant closes at 9:00 on weekend nights. They advertise 24-hour meal service, but that service is a snack bar and it's located in the Bingo/Event Hall. Unfortunately, if there is an event going on in there, or Bingo, kids are not admitted. So we had to order our food to go and eat it outside at 9:15 p.m. in the dark. Not ideal, but it wouldn't have been an issue if we didn't have kids with us. So it's just not an ideal location for a family.

• Liked — Casino facility
  • Disliked — Paper thin walls
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Trippers112202
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nice
Tallman Hotel
Regency Inn
#4 of 7 in Lakeport
Clear Lake Cottages & Marina
WorldMark Clear Lake

Been to Robinson Rancheria Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!