We recently stayed at the Featherbed for one night while on a northern CA driving tour. Staying on the caboose was a real treat. If you are a train fan (or even if you're not) this was a really neat way of treating yourself to something entirely unique. We were on the Wild West car, which had a nice deep clawfoot tub and comfy bed. There's a lookout perch you can climb in to read or just sit. Breakfast in the morning was prompt and delicious. The hosts were friendly and welcoming. Because of the pouring rain, we didn't get to do much outside near the lake but it's right across the street. Not much else to do around the property but still worth the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Featherbed Railroad is a unique bed and breakfast resort on Clear Lake where visitors experience features nine antique railroad cabooses, each distinctively decorated with an individual theme. Most of the cabooses feature in-room Jacuzzi tubs and all have an incredible view of Clear Lake. With a huge variety of nearby recreation including almost 30 wineries, this unique and romantic getaway is the perfect place to celebrate being in love or just enjoying the tranquility of the peaceful surroundings. Enjoy the private dock, sit on the porch of the 100-year-old Main Station or languish in the pool. Full breakfast daily crafted from locally-sourced and home-made ingredients. Open year 'round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Featherbed Railroad Bed & Breakfast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Featherbed Railroad Bed And Breakfast Resort
- Featherbed Railroad Hotel Nice
- Featherbed Railroad Bed & Breakfast Resort Nice, CA - Lake County