“Brunch location”

Description: Water Front Restaurant
Singapore, Singapore
“Brunch location”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Went for brunch at prime time so expected it to be busy. You can wait for your table near the bar or outside-ish and enjoy the view. Table came quicker than expected but the service was so slow. Unlimited champagne was almost non existent unless you went to the bar yourself as the waiter was just too busy. Food was excellent, plenty of it, fresh and tasty.

• Visited May 2012

West Jordan, Utah
“That wasn't so bad...”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I was invited for dinner at this restaurant. I read the reviews for Woody's and tried to change my host's choice. But they insisted.
Most of the reviews were very unflattering, to say the least. Others were down right crude.
Arrived at 7pm, no wait and we were seated immediately
at a table overlooking the harbor. The waiter, Alfonso, was very accommodating and anxious to provide us with the right answers to our questions. The food took a while to get to the table. (Hint: If you're in a hurry, be prepared to place your meal order when they come for your first drink order). The food was plentiful, but uninspiring. though the choriso in the paiaya was good.
It was a Tuesday night and karaoke started at 9pm. Some great singers and very entertaining.
For us, 4 people, including drinks, $150.
I'd go back. Must be the Friday and Saturday night crowd that should be avoided?

• Visited November 2011
Newport Beach, California
“always a good time”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Woody's is a good bar that all of my friends end up at, and it is always a good time. There is a dance floor which is always packed, and the people there are great. They have champagne brunches where you can pay 16 dollars for all the champagne you can drink with your breakfast.

• Visited October 2011
Delray Beach, Florida
“Woody's Wharf serves good seafood, has a great location on the water but is noisy.”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We chose to eat at Woody's Wharf because they participate in "Restaurant.com" which gave us a $25 credit for dinner. At first we were apprehensive about the loud noisy crowd at the bar. However we were able to eat outside, while overlooking the boats in the harbor. There was a chill in the air so we were encouraged to sit under one of the portable kerosene heaters, which made quite a difference. Th food was excellent. We ordered an iceberg lettuce salad "wedge" to share. It was covered in delicious bleu cheese dressing with large chunks of bleu and loads of bacon bits. The clam chowder was among the best I've ever had. It was rich, creamy, peppery and loaded with clam bits. My wife's fried shrimp platter was delicious and huge. The shrimp were jumbos, coated and fried perfectly. I ordered two appetizers for my dinner. The crab cakes were excellent, just crab with very little noticeable filler. The bang bang shrimp were a huge portion and quite good, although not as good as Bonefish Grill's. All in all it was a fine dinner, with a substantially discounted price at a terrific loacation overlooking the harbor.
Popoo

• Visited October 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“Spent the afternoon”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I happened onto Woody's by accident as I was physically checking out some restaurants at Newport Beach. I took a look around and later returned for lunch. Woody's is a Bar/Restaurant combo, nothing fancy. I believe it is a hangout for the locals, all of whom seemed like a nice crowd. I was the first customer of the day, so I sat by the window on the inside and had a marvelous view of the harbor. Several boats pulled into Woody's slips during the afternoon and the passengers came in for a drink and food. I spent about five hours there as I needed to study and write and they allowed me to do so, because it was a slow day. The food was very good (I had 8 oz. halibut-$22.00) and ranged in price from about $15-$25. The food may have been a tad bid overpriced, but not considering the view. My waiter was attentive, but I basically wanted to be left alone. The clientel was older and more mature. I was there on a Thursday when they had wine on sale for half-off, all day. I enjoyed myself and plan to go back soon for another study day.

• Visited September 2011