“Woody's Wharf serves good seafood, has a great location on the water but is noisy.”
Review of Woody's Wharf

Woody's Wharf
Ranked #118 of 513 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Water Front Restaurant
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We chose to eat at Woody's Wharf because they participate in "Restaurant.com" which gave us a $25 credit for dinner. At first we were apprehensive about the loud noisy crowd at the bar. However we were able to eat outside, while overlooking the boats in the harbor. There was a chill in the air so we were encouraged to sit under one of the portable kerosene heaters, which made quite a difference. Th food was excellent. We ordered an iceberg lettuce salad "wedge" to share. It was covered in delicious bleu cheese dressing with large chunks of bleu and loads of bacon bits. The clam chowder was among the best I've ever had. It was rich, creamy, peppery and loaded with clam bits. My wife's fried shrimp platter was delicious and huge. The shrimp were jumbos, coated and fried perfectly. I ordered two appetizers for my dinner. The crab cakes were excellent, just crab with very little noticeable filler. The bang bang shrimp were a huge portion and quite good, although not as good as Bonefish Grill's. All in all it was a fine dinner, with a substantially discounted price at a terrific loacation overlooking the harbor.
Popoo

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I happened onto Woody's by accident as I was physically checking out some restaurants at Newport Beach. I took a look around and later returned for lunch. Woody's is a Bar/Restaurant combo, nothing fancy. I believe it is a hangout for the locals, all of whom seemed like a nice crowd. I was the first customer of the day, so I sat by the window on the inside and had a marvelous view of the harbor. Several boats pulled into Woody's slips during the afternoon and the passengers came in for a drink and food. I spent about five hours there as I needed to study and write and they allowed me to do so, because it was a slow day. The food was very good (I had 8 oz. halibut-$22.00) and ranged in price from about $15-$25. The food may have been a tad bid overpriced, but not considering the view. My waiter was attentive, but I basically wanted to be left alone. The clientel was older and more mature. I was there on a Thursday when they had wine on sale for half-off, all day. I enjoyed myself and plan to go back soon for another study day.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

While visiting Newport Beach, we chose Woody's to eat. We had an excellent dinner. The shrimp were fantastic. We easily could have split the dinner, there was so much to eat. Being from Colorado, being seated by the window where we could watch the boats, etc. was very fun for us. We watched two couples leave and get into their little boat to go home. We envied them!!! The staff were very friendly and attentive to us. We will go back the next time we visit this area.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Enjoyed their shrimp & crab Louie salad and the grilled chicken sandwich. Both meals were prepared exactly as ordered and were delicious and nice sized. Prices are a wee bit high but location factored in, they're about what you'd expect for a resort area. Good new is they have onsite parking; bad news is it's valet.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

We had a very nice dinner here and would definitely return again. We went early evening and our service was great. Our food was very good too. I got an Asian Salmon with white truffle risotto and my husband got the cilantro encrusted sea bass which was excellent as well. He also got the risotto. It's not a fancy place but it's a nice, comfortable restaurant and the prices aren't out of sight.