“Excellent Salmon & Salad”
Review of Pain Du Monde

Pain Du Monde
Ranked #201 of 519 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: French
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was nervous ordering a salmon dinner at what appears to be a bakery/deli. It was excellent. The presentation, sauce and small salad made a perfect meal.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The effulgent morning, a precursor to a lovely afternoon with very special friends.

We dined like sovereignty and conversed with celestial happiness.

Reflections included several "Two Halves Combos", Paradise Tropical Iced Tea and Mango Iced Tea.

The Two Halves Combo is accompanied by a small cookie.

I ordered the BBQ Chicken Salad - natural chicken (what is unnatural chicken?), organic romaine lettuce, black beans, corn, tomato, blue cheese, avocado and peanuts drizzled with their bbq ranch dressing - paired with the Tuscan Chicken Sandwich - Once again natural chicken with organic greens, roasted marinated red peppers, tomato, melted smoked mozzarella and fresh basil on ciabatta - Claimed to be served hot, but my sandwich was not hot, so I rectified the issue by warming my sandwich at home.

The salad was over dressed, but delicious nonetheless. The sandwich brought upon wonderment, once warmed, the herbaciousness of the basil pesto paired with the smoked mozzarella and roasted red peppers were sublime.

The tiny cookie was good, but it's for those who enjoy cakey cookies rather than chewy cookies. I prefer chewy cookies.

The ambiance: A kind gentleman with his German Shepherd was enjoying his afternoon while chatting with us about his positive experience at Pain du Monde. As he was leaving he offers me his cushion to apply the the back of my chair, as the furniture is prepared with metal and it can be uncomfortable to sit back in the seat. I was very appreciative until my friends cautioned that I would be seen as the pretentious jerk who removed a seat cushion to buffer myself at the cost of another.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The food here is very good, but a little pricey for what it is, essentially a lunch deli. Good sandwiches, soups, salads, or they offer a few entrée options like roasted chicken and salmon.
I like the atmosphere on the patio, right near the fountains.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We wanted a quick but sit down breakfast before shopping. You order at the counter and the food is later brought to your table. Nice format and very quick. The order taker made a mistake on my eggs but fixed it, though it took awhile. The food was so good I didn't even mind. Try the breakfast bowl with yogurt, some fantastic granola, and the most gorgeous berries.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This place gets pretty busy at lunch time. All the food I have tried is tastey although I go more for their salads and their portions are generous. The presentation is also great and staff is very friendly. Also a great location to people watch since its located in Fashion Island.