“Bar with a view”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I have been here for a few drinks on each of
my visits to Newport Beach.

The rooftop patio provides for a good view of the beach and Newport pier. On a nice day its definitely a great spot to kick back with a few drinks.

The bar was quiet when i was there but the service was good and there was also free wifi.

There are newer reviews for Blue Beet Cafe

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I've eaten here several times and have always enjoyed it in the past. The service while never great was always relatively good. This time..., not so much. Our waitress seemed preoccupied with the table next to us who seemed like either family members or very close friends. The people I was with felt somewhat neglected the entire time even though the place was almost empty of patrons. It took a very long time to get the food. However..., the food was great! So I guess the wait was worth it.

This is an older place and had been here as long as I can remember. It is have a feeling of being a bit on the rundown side at first glance, but it's quirky charm adds to the overall ambience.

While the service left a lot to be desired this time around, I'd definitely come back. The beef stroganoff is incredible!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Try the Thursday Happy Hour special for these great ribs.They are slow cook all day just for Happy Hour and have never disappointed.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

...had us ducking into the Blue Beet Cafe for lunch. We're glad we did! Although we were the only people in the place, we had a great experience. Food was delicious and the service was highly personalized! Definitly recommend it, will go back on a sunny day!

1  Thank Susanbunny_8
Reviewed January 25, 2012

A bit hidden up an alley, this place dates back to the early 1900's as a jazz venue. Great value home-cooked food (stroganoff is my favorite). Daytime it's a good place for a fair value meal just off the beach, and evenings a classic place for music. Early evening often mellower sounds, then the late night shift comes in for bands or DJ, depending on the night.

1  Thank Avalon-Wine