“The Best Ham & Cheese Croissants Ever. And I don't even like Ham & Cheese Croissants......”
Review of Seaside Bakery

Seaside Bakery
Ranked #1 of 14 Bakeries in Newport Beach
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have never been a fan of Ham and Cheese Croissants. I would take a sweet croissant or croissant with butter and jam any day. However, I was planning a vacation in Newport Beach, by ratings, and came across the Seaside Bakery. Everyone raved about the Ham and Cheese Croissants so I decided to have one.

The ham and cheese croissants are really the BEST!!!! I had to go again the next day and bought some to take some to our friends at home. They were too delicious to ignore on the long drive home and we ended up consuming all of them. Lucky for me that my daughter is now vacationing there and has strict orders to bring tons home for us. They are best heated on the spot, or taken home to microwave. They are a little buttery (ok, maybe a lot, which is why they are so delicious). I tried some up here where we live and they didn't compare at all.

This is really more of a donut shop/bakery type place with absolutely no seating. This isn't really a problem when the weather is nice because they are right across from the beach and you can just sit on the wall. Otherwise, you will need to rush to your car to eat....if you can wait that long. Oh, and most of the parking, if not all, is coin-operated and not cheap. It's probably really difficult to score any parking on the weekends.

1  Thank lhflg

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place is an institution at NPB. It has been there with the same people for at least the 25 years I have been getting donuts there. Not only are the donuts absolutely fabulous, they are RIDICULOUSLY affordable for being right at the beach.

Grab some donuts and ice cold whole milk (the only kind) and sit on the beach wall. If you feed one seagull you will soon have a crowd of birds to feed. It's fun.

This is a wonderful place.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Well Well, People people...mmm

I got this place from this website, and i'm glad i have been there and ordered some doughnuts.

It's a cute little bakery with lots of yummy donuts and croissants. Especially the croissant with the jalapeno was very impressive i must admit. Very nice!

Not to expensive either.

2  Thank DaryllW
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The glazed donuts are like little pillows from heaven. Probably the best donut I've ever had. Walked in having no clue, so if you are visiting the Newport Beach pier, grab a donut!

1  Thank WOHM3x
Reviewed June 18, 2012

You must stop here for The best Doughnuts in Newport Beach!! Try the ham-n-cheese Croissant - my kids loved them. Open 24 hours - great way to start an early morning drive to Las Vegas!!

1  Thank Boselli