“Great Food and Perfect Ocean View”
Review of Dory Deli

Dory Deli
Ranked #11 of 561 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

Located right on the boardwalk on Ocean Front near the pier. We sat at the front bar with a view over the parking lot to the ocean. We saw a pod of dolphins and a whale spout and whale tail while we ate breakfast and enjoyed a vacation day morning cocktail. The Bloody Mary made with Titos Vodka was so good. My husband had a tequila Sunrise with fresh squeezed OJ.
We ordered the chicken and waffles which my husband said was the best! I had the Anchor Breakfast Burrito with scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese and crispy hash browns...so delicious.
We will definitely be back for lunch!

Date of visit: February 2019
micah s, Manager at Dory Deli, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

Hi Gwen, thank you for the kind words! I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2019

We stopped in on a Thursday to start my wife's birthday celebration. What a great start.
I went and stood in line to order food but I really wanted to start with a bloody Mary. I stepped out of the line to ask the bartender (Deitra) how to get both done. She took it from there!!!

She took my food order- chicken and waffles for me and fish and chips for my bride. The boneless, fried, chicken tender over the thin waffle with the maple syrup was really good and disappeared pretty fast. First time I've had the C&W with anything other than bone-in wings but it was a pleasant surprise. The fish was cook well and had good flavor but the batter was much too thick for our liking! Still the overall experience was a winner because of the special birthday treatment we received from Deitra and the friendliness of the entire staff.

When we come to Newport this will be one of our stops for sure!!!
Service-5+
Food-4
Value-5

Date of visit: February 2019
micah s, Guest Relations Manager at Dory Deli, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Hi Craig, thank you very much for the kind words. I hope you have a great week.

Reviewed January 18, 2019 via mobile

Great coffee! Great food, so filling and great value. Super friendly staff. Lovely view while enjoying this wonderful spot.
Didn't flinch when I asked for a box for the other half to give to a less fortunate person. Recommend as a must try!!

Date of visit: January 2019
micah s, Guest Relations Manager at Dory Deli, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2019

Hi Mia, thank you for the review and the kind words! I hope you have a great weekend!

Reviewed January 7, 2019

A typical beachfront dive bar and deli--with good service and very good food. All five in our party ordered different meals all of which were found to be very good. An off menu item (guacamole) was requested, delivered and found to be excellent. Even staff members dropped by to sample it as the deli does not make it on a regular basis. A good fun place with a good beer selection and many TVs.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

This place was recommended by our hotel staff. We liked it so much the first day, we went back the 2nd! Bfast burritos are a must! They also have a full bar for a morning cocktail. This place is right across the parking lot from Newport Beach.

Date of visit: January 2019