“Undrinkable margaritas”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

The waitress was good. Everything else was bad. The margarita was gross. We ordered a different type thinking we just didn't like that one. Nope. They were all terrible. The drinks were so bad we cancelled our order and went around corner to Great Mex.

1  Thank VacationingKarin

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stopped in here when we were heading to the beach. The drinks were great, I recommend the sangria. The food was just average. Enjoyed some chips and guac...chips were heavy but good. I had the tostada appetizer, which was below average. My friend had a rice bowl which was suprisingly good.
I think had we just stopped in for drinks, I would have loved it. The atmosphere is a great one for a cantina and I'm sure I'd enjoy staying here for an afternoon of drinking...but being hungry ruined this for me. The food was average mexican at best.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Overall this was an average restaurant. Average food, average ambiance, average margaritas. What we did really like was the extended 2 for 1 happy hour! It was definitely a decent experience, but just don't expect too much.

I can't comment on what the ambiance is during the summer since we were there during the off season.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

The only thing I like here is the location. Which is perfect.

Too hot, too loud, a prostitute was working the room, a rude host was outside making fun of patrons and passersby...a bunch of barely 21's just here getting drunk. And yelling.

This place was definately a one shot attempt for me. I just ate here yesterday after a great time whale watching ...called the manager, Lenny, after dinner to tell him about the rude host behavior. He didn't care at all. His bar was busy, and that seemed all that matters.

Newport is full of great places...this is NOT worthy of a stop.If you share my opinion that staff can, and should be respectful to patrons - avoid this place. If, though, you share manager Lenny's attitude -"sorry you feel that way", and you are barely 21 and want to get drunk...head on over.

1  Thank HBsleepsurveyor
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stopped here to rest and have a cold beer while riding bikes down the boardwalk and it was a great place. Friendly staff and ice cold beers! What more can you ask for. Next time we'll probably try some food and the great looking margs! And there will be a next time!