“Great Mountain Biking in Malibu”
Review of XEN MTB

Half-Day Mountain Bike Tour Near Orange County
Ranked #30 of 64 Tours in Newport Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: XEN MTB provides private guided mountain biking tours all around Southern California. With over 10 years of experience leading 1,000 tours, your guide has the knowledge you need to enjoy a safe mountain bike ride catered to your skills and desires.
Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

I had a great day out mountain biking with Mark in Malibu Creek State Park last month.

I was in Malibu on holiday and Mark was hugely helpful in providing details for bike hire and providing extra equipment above what I could carry in my suitcase.

Mark was also hugely accommodating with me when I asked to make a rearrangement of the date. Thank you!

The ride in Malibu Creek State Park was fabulous, saw the MASH filming site and climbed climbed climbed to reach magnificent views.

I always felt safe and well looked after.

Thanks for a fabulous ride Mark.

Date of experience: October 2017
XENMTB, Owner at XEN MTB, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Thank you. And I later found out that the Decatur on the sign refers to Decatur, Georgia: Honeycutt’s home.

All reviews
"coast"
"ride"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Mark was a great guide around the trails of Laguna Coast. I signed up for a half day of riding and he pointed me to the Path bike shop in Tustin to rent a bike. I got a great deal of $42 for a Giant XTC 29er for the day as long as it was returned by 5pm. The trails were a mix of singletrack and fire roads with some good climbing and rocky descents (not too technical).

Mark was really good company and we spent a good deal of the ride chatting. He knows the area really well and is able to find a route appropriate to your level. I'd have liked to have gone a bit further but was constrained by the bike store's opening times. All in all a great day out and would recommend to others.

Thanks Mark!

Date of experience: August 2017
XENMTB, General Manager at XEN MTB, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Thank you Martyn. It was a pleasure riding with you.

Reviewed April 8, 2017

A group of us get together once a year to ride for a few days. This year it was SoCal and Mark was our guide. The riders in our group have a veriety of skills and conditioning so Mark picked great trails to fit our riding style. He organized a shuttle at the end of one trail so we could enjoy a really fun downhill. We didn't have to worry about the logistics and had a great time thanks to Mark. Having some pictures and Strava maps after the ride was an extra nice bonus.

Date of experience: March 2017
XENMTB, Owner at XEN MTB, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Thanks Roman!

Reviewed May 23, 2016

Let me begin by saying that Mark is a terrific teacher and advocate for mountain biking. I am a beginner who came to the area for work and was looking for some stress-relief. If you are looking to get your mind off of the daily grind of your job, then book a ride with Mark. I contacted him on his website and in minutes he had arranged for an amazing half-day course near where I was staying in Pasadena. He made it super easy on me by coming to my hotel at which point we headed to the bike shop and got my rental bike. After I was having a bit of a hard time on the first planned course, he was very understanding and didn't give up on making sure that I got the work-out and stress-free day that I wanted. He found another trail in the same area that suited me much better. I had an amazing time on both courses. He was right there behind me throughout my entire ride making me feel supported. He also taught me a bunch of great biking lessons in a fun way. I can't wait to get back on a bike. In summary, if you are person who is looking for some stress-relief or looking to do something new in Southern California, contact Mark at Xen MTB and you will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: May 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed January 18, 2016

Mark has a very vast knowledge of MTB trails. He led 4 of us on a tour at the Laguna Coast Wilderness Park that was beautiful. We had a group of riders with mixed experience levels and he catered it perfectly to accommodate every one as best as possible. The trails he chose challenged the guys at times and when those times did arise, Mark hung back with us girls to make sure were got through it safely. We loved going to through the winding single tracks that were surrounded by trees and had a creek on one side...what a beautiful trail and park. Thanks Mark for the tour.

Date of experience: January 2016