Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience XEN MTB
All reviews mountain biking great guide bike shop laguna riding coast ride
Reviewed April 8, 2017

A group of us get together once a year to ride for a few days. This year it was SoCal and Mark was our guide. The riders in our group have a veriety of skills and conditioning so Mark picked great trails to fit our riding style. He organized a shuttle at the end of one trail so we could enjoy a really fun downhill. We didn't have to worry about the logistics and had a great time thanks to Mark. Having some pictures and Strava maps after the ride was an extra nice bonus.

Date of experience: March 2017
XENMTB, Owner at XEN MTB, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Thanks Roman!

Reviewed May 23, 2016

Let me begin by saying that Mark is a terrific teacher and advocate for mountain biking. I am a beginner who came to the area for work and was looking for some stress-relief. If you are looking to get your mind off of the daily grind of your job, then book a ride with Mark. I contacted him on his website and in minutes he had arranged for an amazing half-day course near where I was staying in Pasadena. He made it super easy on me by coming to my hotel at which point we headed to the bike shop and got my rental bike. After I was having a bit of a hard time on the first planned course, he was very understanding and didn't give up on making sure that I got the work-out and stress-free day that I wanted. He found another trail in the same area that suited me much better. I had an amazing time on both courses. He was right there behind me throughout my entire ride making me feel supported. He also taught me a bunch of great biking lessons in a fun way. I can't wait to get back on a bike. In summary, if you are person who is looking for some stress-relief or looking to do something new in Southern California, contact Mark at Xen MTB and you will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed January 18, 2016

Mark has a very vast knowledge of MTB trails. He led 4 of us on a tour at the Laguna Coast Wilderness Park that was beautiful. We had a group of riders with mixed experience levels and he catered it perfectly to accommodate every one as best as possible. The trails he chose challenged the guys at times and when those times did arise, Mark hung back with us girls to make sure were got through it safely. We loved going to through the winding single tracks that were surrounded by trees and had a creek on one side...what a beautiful trail and park. Thanks Mark for the tour.

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed August 6, 2015

Mark (the owner) is a very responsible guide who thinks of everything you need to ensure you will have a great ride. He knows how to repair the broken bikes on the road and takes enough breaks when need it. He has a lot of experience riding the trails.

Date of experience: September 2014