“Stress relief in the hills of LA County”
Review of XEN MTB

Half-Day Mountain Bike Tour Near Orange County
Ranked #30 of 64 Tours in Newport Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: XEN MTB provides private guided mountain biking tours all around Southern California. With over 10 years of experience leading 1,000 tours, your guide has the knowledge you need to enjoy a safe mountain bike ride catered to your skills and desires.
Reviewed May 23, 2016

Let me begin by saying that Mark is a terrific teacher and advocate for mountain biking. I am a beginner who came to the area for work and was looking for some stress-relief. If you are looking to get your mind off of the daily grind of your job, then book a ride with Mark. I contacted him on his website and in minutes he had arranged for an amazing half-day course near where I was staying in Pasadena. He made it super easy on me by coming to my hotel at which point we headed to the bike shop and got my rental bike. After I was having a bit of a hard time on the first planned course, he was very understanding and didn't give up on making sure that I got the work-out and stress-free day that I wanted. He found another trail in the same area that suited me much better. I had an amazing time on both courses. He was right there behind me throughout my entire ride making me feel supported. He also taught me a bunch of great biking lessons in a fun way. I can't wait to get back on a bike. In summary, if you are person who is looking for some stress-relief or looking to do something new in Southern California, contact Mark at Xen MTB and you will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: May 2016
"coast"
"ride"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed January 18, 2016

Mark has a very vast knowledge of MTB trails. He led 4 of us on a tour at the Laguna Coast Wilderness Park that was beautiful. We had a group of riders with mixed experience levels and he catered it perfectly to accommodate every one as best as possible. The trails he chose challenged the guys at times and when those times did arise, Mark hung back with us girls to make sure were got through it safely. We loved going to through the winding single tracks that were surrounded by trees and had a creek on one side...what a beautiful trail and park. Thanks Mark for the tour.

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed August 6, 2015

Mark (the owner) is a very responsible guide who thinks of everything you need to ensure you will have a great ride. He knows how to repair the broken bikes on the road and takes enough breaks when need it. He has a lot of experience riding the trails.

Date of experience: September 2014