1,160 results
All reviews waterline restaurant private beach boat parade room service pool view beautiful hotel valet parking hotel guests valet service fitness center orange county upon check southern california fashion island becca yacht bay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a staycation for her birthday and we had plans to see a movie, but it was sold out. The staff (Stephan) sent complimentary popcorn and snacks to our room — so nice!

The pool is great, bar is fun, and there’s a town car that will take you around town within 2 miles.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MarinaD-BBR, General Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your five star review with us, jacobr181. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your staycation and that our helpful staff were able to make your evening memorable! We can't wait to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Poor customer service. My boyfriend and I had a long night of trying to figure out our reservation for the night through booking.com, when we got here the lady was incredibly rude.. told us she was way too busy for us and wouldn’t help us out in anyway, I had to have the bookings guy call her 2 or 3 times before she finally helped us out and we were sitting right next to her in the lobby.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your Balboa Bay Resort review with us, alexcinah. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with your booking via Booking.Com. As this is a third party site, we cannot change reservations made from these sites, and our staff does the best they can to assist and make sure everything is taken care of. We hope to welcome you back again to the Resort.

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

I was very much looking forward to staying at this resort as it came highly recommended to me. And the location and facility are amazing. The concierge service was among the best I’ve encountered even in 5 star hotels.

However, the service (aside from the concierge) was atrocious. My second night there, a very loud party occurred above my room starting at 5pm. It went on all night, and in spite of repeated calls to the front desk, nothing was done for three hours, after I first called at midnight. At one point, I couldn’t even reach the front desk. I’m just glad there was no emergency as I couldn’t reach anyone for an hour.

Additionally, when I reported it the next morning after spending almost $400 for a night with no sleep, I was offered only a token apology. No discount, no acknowledgment in the form of a free meal or drinks. And absolutely no follow-up from management.

And on top of it, my bill was incorrect at the time of check-out and I was told that it would be reviewed by a manager later but that I had to pay the balance now.

I rated this hotel as a two star because this kind of behavior is what I would expect from a two star hotel.

Next time, I will go further down the road and stay in Laguna Beach or Dana Point. It’s too bad because this hotel has a lot of potential.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review Balboa Bay Resort, MT94110. We are happy to hear that our concierge was able to make your stay more enjoyable. We apologize for any inconvenience regarding the party above your room. We hope that after speaking with our team further you feel the issue has been heard and more resolved. We hope we can welcome you back again soon and show you our high level of service standards.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Great View of the Bay
Everything you need, with a smile!
And handy to everything, especially, Louies by the Bay. Congrats Ron and Pierre. Booth by the window the best dining spot in the area. Balboa Bay Resort only gets better and better. Room Service food excellent and quick.

Trip type: Traveled with family
MarinaD-BBR, General Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Thank you for sharing your five star review with us, jbertstuft. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our waterfront views, kind staff and dining options. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

I felt welcomed by Hector when I first checked in..! It felt very positive energy with the front desk. The front desk team was very nice and helpful. The security even helped me find my room. I most definitely would love to stay here in future.

5 star customer service. .

Trip type: Traveled solo
MarinaD-BBR, General Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Thank you for sharing your five star review with us, Rissaditto. We are so glad to hear that you had a great stay at the Resort and that our helpful staff helped make it even better. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!