Live in San Diego and needed place for weekend trip to Disneyland and South Coast Plaza. We have stayed at the Four Seasons on prior trips to Newport which is now Islands Hotel but we wanted to try something new.
Arrived at hotel around 11 pm and said they didn't have anything available. I had just talked to someone at front desk 2 hours ago before we had left San Diego and they informed me that the hotel was at 50% and there were lots of rooms available. The only positive part of this review will be the mangager on duty that Thursday night. He was very helpful and got us a room right away so my three year old didn't have to sit in the lobby too long.
The breakfast that is included is only really a $40 credit. That doesn't go to far when the orange juice was at least $7. The breakfast was ok, not fantastic. The rooms are very nice and clean. The service was average at best. I don't remember what we paid but it was right around $300 per night. If they made some changes to the level of service, restaurant and bar the hotel would be great for a quick stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience life and style that's perfectly balanced at the Balboa Bay Resort. A boutique ambiance combined with plush accommodations, sophisticated and personalized service, gourmet dining and unparallel location close to scenic beaches, nearby world-class shopping, restaurants and award winning designed golf courses make it the perfect destination for those seeking the quintessential Southern California lifestyle experience. Whether you're planning a romantic weekend getaway, a large-scale business function, or the wedding of your dreams, the Balboa Bay Resort offers unparalleled services and amenities to suit a variety of needs. Located on 15 waterfront acres in the heart of Newport Beach, halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego, the four-diamond property sprawls along the bay like a meandering Mediterranean villa. **Please note that starting Friday, November 6 through Thursday, January 7, 2016, the resort will begin a very exciting and highly anticipated guest room enhancement project. Each guest room will be updated with fresh, modern and contemporary furnishings including carpet, wall coverings, furniture and fixtures, along with a select number of rooms which will receive reconfigured bathrooms. We anticipate the noise level to be slightly higher than normal during the hours of 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Please be assured that your guest room will be far removed from the area of work so you can fully enjoy your time with us and delight in a quintessential Southern California lifestyle experience.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Balboa Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Balboa Bay Club Hotel Newport Beach
- The Balboa Bay Club And Resort
- The Balboa Bay Hotel
- The Balboa Bay Resort
- Balboa Bay Club