This was our first trip to the Balboa Bay Resort and it was incredible. When we went to check in the gentleman behind the desk couldn't find reservation which caused a brief panic, but he finally found it. A lot of construction was going on around the hotel but it still wasn't that bad. Our room was incredible. The beds are so nice that coming home to our bed feels like sleeping on the floor. The valets were really nice. You have to valet and that's 28 dollars a night so just figure that into your stay. Also if you are going in and out a lot I still don't know the standard tipping procedure so that would lead to "valetnxiety". My whole day would consist of trying to break bigger bills to tip the valet guys.
Also a few times we pulled in Bentleys were behind us and I'm sure my peasant tips couldn't hang with that...but back to the balboa bay club.
The pool was awesome, the hot tub nice and hot, and our 2 year old loved it! I would definitely come back here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience life and style that's perfectly balanced at the Balboa Bay Resort. A boutique ambiance combined with plush accommodations, sophisticated and personalized service, gourmet dining and unparallel location close to scenic beaches, nearby world-class shopping, restaurants and award winning designed golf courses make it the perfect destination for those seeking the quintessential Southern California lifestyle experience. Whether you're planning a romantic weekend getaway, a large-scale business function, or the wedding of your dreams, the Balboa Bay Resort offers unparalleled services and amenities to suit a variety of needs. Located on 15 waterfront acres in the heart of Newport Beach, halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego, the four-diamond property sprawls along the bay like a meandering Mediterranean villa. **Please note that starting Friday, November 6 through Thursday, January 7, 2016, the resort will begin a very exciting and highly anticipated guest room enhancement project. Each guest room will be updated with fresh, modern and contemporary furnishings including carpet, wall coverings, furniture and fixtures, along with a select number of rooms which will receive reconfigured bathrooms. We anticipate the noise level to be slightly higher than normal during the hours of 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Please be assured that your guest room will be far removed from the area of work so you can fully enjoy your time with us and delight in a quintessential Southern California lifestyle experience.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Balboa Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Balboa Bay Club Hotel Newport Beach
- The Balboa Bay Club And Resort
- The Balboa Bay Hotel
- The Balboa Bay Resort
- Balboa Bay Club