Though the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, I was shocked to receive a bill for "Hospitality Service Fee" of $22.40/day. This is a hotel, where one would expect the whole of their business to be hospitality - so to be given a bill for this seemed either ill-considered by the hotel management, or just downright mean. When I questioned it I was told that this was to cover the use of the pool (which I did not use) and the internet, which I did not need to use as the conference had its own set up. They would not reverse this from the bill but said "mention it next time you stay and we will not charge you". There will not be a "next time".
Why don't hotels wise up that the last impression of a hotel is the bill. With what seem to be "rip-offs" and additions when you receive the bill leaves a very sour taste in one's mouth and spoils what should be pleasant memories of the stay. Having read the other posting about the exorbitant parking fee I think the owners of this hotel must feel that there business is always going to keep coming and that customers don't matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience life and style that's perfectly balanced at the Balboa Bay Resort. A boutique ambiance combined with plush accommodations, sophisticated and personalized service, gourmet dining and unparallel location close to scenic beaches, nearby world-class shopping, restaurants and award winning designed golf courses make it the perfect destination for those seeking the quintessential Southern California lifestyle experience. Whether you're planning a romantic weekend getaway, a large-scale business function, or the wedding of your dreams, the Balboa Bay Resort offers unparalleled services and amenities to suit a variety of needs. Located on 15 waterfront acres in the heart of Newport Beach, halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego, the four-diamond property sprawls along the bay like a meandering Mediterranean villa. **Please note that starting Friday, November 6 through Thursday, January 7, 2016, the resort will begin a very exciting and highly anticipated guest room enhancement project. Each guest room will be updated with fresh, modern and contemporary furnishings including carpet, wall coverings, furniture and fixtures, along with a select number of rooms which will receive reconfigured bathrooms. We anticipate the noise level to be slightly higher than normal during the hours of 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Please be assured that your guest room will be far removed from the area of work so you can fully enjoy your time with us and delight in a quintessential Southern California lifestyle experience.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Balboa Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Balboa Bay Club Hotel Newport Beach
- The Balboa Bay Club And Resort
- The Balboa Bay Hotel
- The Balboa Bay Resort
- Balboa Bay Club