Our trip to BBC was over the 4th of July with our 9 yr. old daughter. We arrived early (12noon) and were surprised that our room was ready for check-in....we opened the door to our bayview room and were greeted by an amazing view of the water!! The room was exceptionally clean and well accomodated. At one point, there was an odor of oil coming from a vent in the room...we reported to the desk staff and it was rectified and fixed within 5 minutes. We wetre also told if we prefered we could change rooms but that was not necessary. We dined in The First Cabin the first night there and were treated to a beatiful dessert personalized for our 8th Anniversary!! My daughter was thrilled! The next day ( July 4th) we were able to sit on our room's patio and see the amazing boat parade go by right outside. We spent 2 hours taking a duffy boat from the hotel and cruising around Balboa Island...of course, we had room service deliver our dinner to the boat...which was a real treat! Later the concierge staff told us of a great place to view the fireworks and we were there and parked within 5 minutes.
I was a bit skeptical about bringing a child to BBC but it was wonderful! The staff was great with kids and she had a fabulous time!!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and hope to go back next year at the same time!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience life and style that's perfectly balanced at the Balboa Bay Resort. A boutique ambiance combined with plush accommodations, sophisticated and personalized service, gourmet dining and unparallel location close to scenic beaches, nearby world-class shopping, restaurants and award winning designed golf courses make it the perfect destination for those seeking the quintessential Southern California lifestyle experience. Whether you're planning a romantic weekend getaway, a large-scale business function, or the wedding of your dreams, the Balboa Bay Resort offers unparalleled services and amenities to suit a variety of needs. Located on 15 waterfront acres in the heart of Newport Beach, halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego, the four-diamond property sprawls along the bay like a meandering Mediterranean villa. **Please note that starting Friday, November 6 through Thursday, January 7, 2016, the resort will begin a very exciting and highly anticipated guest room enhancement project. Each guest room will be updated with fresh, modern and contemporary furnishings including carpet, wall coverings, furniture and fixtures, along with a select number of rooms which will receive reconfigured bathrooms. We anticipate the noise level to be slightly higher than normal during the hours of 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Please be assured that your guest room will be far removed from the area of work so you can fully enjoy your time with us and delight in a quintessential Southern California lifestyle experience.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Balboa Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Balboa Bay Club Hotel Newport Beach
- The Balboa Bay Club And Resort
- The Balboa Bay Hotel
- The Balboa Bay Resort
- Balboa Bay Club