Balboa Bay Resort
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/01
$212
$206
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $235/night.

Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/26
$345
$235
  • Breakfast included
Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$142
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
$199
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$194
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $225/night.

$164
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/31
$275
$189
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $220/night.

Newport Channel Inn(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/31
Book now, pay at stay
$129
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
$182
$169
Free cancellation until 05/28
$695
$395
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $481/night.

All reviewswaterline restaurantclub membersduffy boatprivate beachwater viewroom servicevalet parkingbeautiful hotelhotel guestsvalet servicepool staffbusiness meetingearly checkfitness centershort drivefashion islandsouthern california
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Checked in on a Thurs for 4 nights. Got to room. End of long long long hall. Opened door and saw a view that equals Motel 6. Highway. I mean this room is about 100 yards from PCH and it isnot one incredibly noisy but the lights go all night long. Called front desk to ask for a different room. Told they were sold out til 2 nights later and to " keep checking back." I mean really. I didn't mean to spend my entire stay here constantly calling back about my room. Did call front desk every day to get moved and was constantly told it was not possible as they were sold out. Same story every day. Very disappointed. We counted on moving the third night but had we known that wasn't possible would have definitely checked out early and moved to a more accommodating hotel. Front desk people get a 1 out of 5 stars from me. Supervisor gets a zero. Completely unhelpful and misleading. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone but of you do stay askwell in advance for a room not on the highway. Ug. Bad experience .

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Rannynm
BayClubSupport, Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Hi Rannynm:

We’re so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience on your stay with us here at The Balboa Bay Club & Resort. We value our guests greatly and always strive to offer every consideration possible with regards to room changes; although, from time to time it’s difficult to make these changes based on Resort occupancy. Next time you’re in town though, please call me directly. We’d appreciate the opportunity to regain your patronage. I can be reached directly at (949) 645-5000 x4205.

Richard Szilagyi
Director of Operations
The Balboa Bay Club & Resort

Reviewed April 11, 2011

This is an extremely luxurious hotel and for the price I paid (<$200) it's hard not to give it 5 stars. The staff at the valet stand and check in were very helpful and went above and beyond. My rate included a free upgrade, but the hotel was sold out and we ended up on the 1st floor along PCH. On paper it looked bad, but once we got to the room we were impressed with the layout, decor, and quality of fixtures. There wasn't too much noise from PCH and the bed was amazing, better than the Westin Heavenly Bed.

The pool is in a courtyard and has about 5 lanes for doing laps and there is a separate jacuzzi. It doesn't have views of the water, but there is a small beach area along the bay. If it's not too much more, splurge and get a room with a view of the bay, the views are incredible. Parking is a little steep ($28/nt), but there is plenty of parking about 50 yards outside the hotel on PCH.

Overall, the location on the water is awesome. There's not too much within walking distance, but plenty of restaurants and things to do within a very short drive. I think it's a great deal for less than $250, but anything over that and I think it's a better value to stay a little inland near Fashion Island or John Wayne Airport for less.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BPK_Travel
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I was looking for a place to have a little getaway with my husband for one night and found this resort on Trip Advisor. We were really shocked by how upscale and luxurious the resort was given the inexpensive price. We payed $280 for the night which included overnight valet (a $28 value), a on hour private duffy boat ride around Balboa Island (an $80 value. We saw 2 dolphins jumping along side our boat in the harbor and a dozen sea lions. It was amazing!), and a $50 resort gift card (which we applied towards the delicious brunch at the restaurant). The staff was super nice and the room was very comfortable. Would highly recommend!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2011

My husband has been fighting cancer for a couple of years and so we don't go on vacations too much or get away and he had chemo just before valentine's weekend so this past weekend -Feb 19th and 20th I planned a night away at the Balboa Bay Club- We have been dancing the Balboa dance (1920s dance) for some time and I found out they have great music in Dukes so I booked the room for Saturday nite- When we arrived I found they upgraded our room and the room we received was nothing less than spectacular- a large room with a large desk and two chairs with foot rests and a great bed that we would've liked to sleep there every night- the best bedding with feather topper and the pillows were fabulous- The bathroom was emaculate with a large sunken tub AND a shower AND a separate toilet room- and we had a patio too!!! We ate breakfast in our room and got it delivered within 20 minutes! Dinner and dancing at Dukes was the best experience ever for us- the band even played balboa music for us to dance our balboa dance and swing dancing- the people everywhere were just a delight to be around, the shops the best- and even though it was cold and rainy outside we didn't care- we loved this place and are planning our trips back. BTW the staff there are the best anywhere- Mr. & Mrs. Storm of El Segundo

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2011

The Balboa Bay Club is the BEST!!! This hotel is in a prime location in Newport Beach. My reservation agent was amazing. She described the resort to the "T". I made the reservation at the end of December for this past weekend in February and after talking to the reservation agent I could not wait to get there!!!! When I arrived at the resort I was greeted by a friendly valet guy! The girls at the front desk were so nice and friendly! When we got to our amazing room I was so surprised. When I was making the reservation I told the agent I was surpring my wonderful boyfriend for his birthday, and she remembered!! There was balloons and chocolates in the room!!! He was so excited!! The room was so comfortable we did not want to leave, so we ordered dinner through room service and the food was amazing!! The weather was perfect the grounds were beautiful we could not asked for a better time!! We are already planning our next trip!! Thanks, we can not wait!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple