“The Island is an Outstanding Hotel!!!”

Island Hotel Newport Beach
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Newport Beach
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The Island Hotel is at the top of my list!!! It is a classy hotel with top notch service, very clean rooms decorated with style, class, and comfort, and each room has glass sliding doors that open up to the fresh air, which I liked allot!!! I booked my reservation to attend the Newport Boat Show. I took a taxi to the boat show and back to the hotel. It was a no hassle way to see the boat parade. I really enjoyed my stay!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jacqueline S
There are newer reviews for Island Hotel Newport Beach

Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I attended a Christmas party at the Island Hotel and decided to stay the night. We are big Westin fans so I was pleased when I found traces of that particular style/feel in the rooms. However, I happened to notice subtle wall stains and minor curtain damage which leads me to understand that this hotel is advancing in years and perhaps the budget may be redirected towards other things besides repairs. It wasn't enough to make me raise my eyebrows because everything else was quite acceptable. Even the staff was wonderful and welcoming, down to Maria, the nice lady who brought us a few things from Housekeeping.

We ordered room service the next morning and were pleased with the food quality and portions.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bmurf6873
TheIslandHotelNB, General Manager at Island Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Good Day Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for selecting to spend the night with us after your companies Holiday Party! We are thrilled to hear of the glowing remarks about the service from our staff. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the entire team.

I am certainly not proud of the comments regarding the curtains and walls, but please know that we take pride in the condition and presentation of our rooms. There are no excuses for what you experienced nor will I provide you with one; we clearly dropped the ball in this particular room. Please accept my personal apology!

We view feedback as a gift; to learn from and to assist us on our journey towards perfection. Know that our Engineering and Housekeeping teams work collaboratively with a dedicated focus on our perfect room program. We indeed have located the process breakdown in regards to your room and have fixed these issues.

It is because customers like you that make us the best hotel in Newport Beach. Thank you for sharing your comments and I hope to meet you and your wife in person during your next visit. Please call upon me personally should I ever be of assistance.

Donald Stamets
949-760-4950

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Pro-On my week long westcoast trip this was the last stop. I had stayed at the Hyatt on my last trip so I was constantly comparing it with the Hyatt in Newport. Although the grounds were better at the Hyatt, I think this hotel has a better lobby and rooms. Get used to a Huge bathroom! The property it self is smaller than the Hyatt but has most of the amenities that one looks for in a 4-5 star hotels are available here.

Con-The reason I didnt give a complete 5 is because, and I know am being picky, is that they could not give me a room when I arrived at 1:30PM and there was no coffee machine in the room!!! If you are really picky then I will also add the cheap padding on the ironboard.

Room Tip: They serve coffee in the morning in the lobby but unfortunately no coffee machine in the room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have been staying at the Island for 20 plus years. A lot of the staff are the same. I'm just amazed at how nice they all are. My kids have grown up at this hotel and they remember my girls names. Dogs are well come and it an amazing location. Close to shopping and the beach.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gprimm
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Spent the Thanksgiving holiday at the Island. The staff and rooms are excellent, and the construction of the office tower next door is almost complete so there is very little to no construction noise. The location in the middle of Fashion Island offers great shopping and the Island movie theater has a luxurious theater to watch movies. Great restaurants in Fashion Island all within walking distance. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JimB58
Reviewed December 8, 2012

hi now 6 years every time i come for business the food never improved , even my company pay for my stay and the food but still i have to eat outside . other thing the hotel great only ac is too old , location great , staff nice , but old swimming pool .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ahmed a
TheIslandHotelNB, General Manager at Island Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Loyal Guest:

I am sad to learn of your comments after being such a frequent guest for 6 years!

Whether your plans bring you here for business or a personal retreat, our culinary team led by Executive Chef, David Man prides itself on our fresh and local approach to our cuisine in both The Palm Terrace Restaurant and our Private Event Spaces.

Although your posting did not state any specifics that we could learn from, I encourage you to personally reach out to me or Chef David when your travel plans being you back to Newport Beach. We would like to custom design a menu that will quench your palette and suit your nutritional needs.

I look forward on seeing you in 2013!

Happy Holidays,

Donald Stamets

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was only in town for 1 night and truly liked the beautiful rrom, large tv with bose surround. Had dinner in the lobby restaurant- wonderful! Service is stellar! Would be great for a local, romantic weekend !!

Room Tip: Pretty sure they are all up to par in this hotel- however the higher up you can get in many hotels t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
#10 of 18 in Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
#8 of 18 in Newport Beach

Been to Island Hotel Newport Beach? Share your experiences!