“Excellent Hotel and Service”

Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Newport Beach
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very friendly staff and very helpful. Property is very nice. My kids loved to pool area. Even when cold outside, outdoor pool bar was open. Rooms were really big. They had crib in the room when we got to the property. Pricey, but you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at The Island over Thanksgiving. Everything was wonderful. The staff is very attentive and the service was wonderful.
I often travel to Newport to visit family and this is a great central location. It truly is close to everything.
The rooms are clean and the beds are "heaven".
My only concern...was the construction. I thought that they should have avoided starting so early every morning with the construction.
I will just make sure to have a room away from the noise for my next visit. Other than that, my family loves this hotel.
We are coming back for Christmas and I am sure it will be a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Raquel G
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Island Hotel is beautiful - elegant lobby, high end finishes in the room like Bose speakers for the rooms. It is very much catered for business travelers. It's location near Fashion Island is great - easy to get back after a meal or head out to do some shopping. But you'll see that the majority of people staying in the hotel are in the area on business. It's an expensive hotel - but worth the price. The staff is very polite and helpful. The linens are extremely high quality. While the views aren't so great, if you're there on business, that's not all that important!

Room Tip: I'm not sure there's one better room vs. another. The higher floors should get you a view o...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ChcgoMichael
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I just stayed at the Island Hotel this past Weekend. This was my third time at this hotel within the past couple of years, first review. The rooms were very clean and spacious as how I remembered. The food was still great form room service and the Palm Terrace restaurant (and still expensive though). The service was great at the restauruant and bar. The Bar was just as lively at night as I remembered on a Friday and Saturday. There was a little bit of construction out by the pool. The pool was still open and heated, but I can't imagine its very relaxing with noise going on in the background but it is Winter so the pool isnt a big attraction at this time I guess. The overnight valet is about $30 which is never fun but i'm not one to ruin my trip because of that. I stayed in a small suite and all in all I felt very comfortable, like I was at home. The bed's were very cozyI would definately stay here again and reccommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: A high floor and possibly a small suite if you budget allows.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cyn2020
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I am a long time Newport Beach guest and remember fondly the quality of Four Seasons. This hotel is NOT Four Seasons and it shows more and more every visit. The staff, some of whom date back to the FS days, are absolutely terrific! LaDonna and Curtis at the front door and Melody in the Lounge are treasures and should be treated as such. All us returning guests adore them! Service elsewhere is exemplary, but the hotel needs updating. The bath sundries are absolutely awful ... cheapest I've ever seen. Bring your own. Rooms were very clean and comfortable but not receiving clean towels every day seems cheap. I know you could request them, but that should not be necessary. The drain in both the sink and shower were broken and despite notifying the front desk the "repair" did not last. Restaurant has excellent service, again the older service people make the difference. Food was good, but not great. Hot tub not hot enough and pool area looks dated and unclean. Location great, parking much too expensive given the lack of options. All in all, get on this Donald and spruce this place up ... we deserve it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mocosar
TheIslandHotelNB, General Manager at Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Valued and Loyal Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to inform us of your visit. More importantly, thank you in recognizing the efforts of Curtis, Ladonna and Melodie; they along with all 326 of our employees are the most important resource in our service commitments to our guests. I will be sure to recognize them publicly and with a personalized note!

Our hotel and guests are so fortunate to have many employees that have celebrated more than 20 years of their hospitality career with us here in the heart of Newport Beach! This truly sets us apart from our competitors as we hear consistently "it is like being welcomed back by family!"

I am sad to learn that when a technical issue was brought to our attention; although it appears we addressed it within seconds, it did not sustain. I too am disappointed. Please accept a personal and professional apology and be confident it will be addressed immediately. In reference to the bathroom amenities, we view feedback as a gift and understand this is your personal preference. With a large focus on ensuring each guest has a memorable experience, I am happy to provide you with a customized amenity option for your next return. I have placed a note in your account.

I am sorry we did not have the opportunity to meet in person over the weekend; however, allow me to share with you all of the reinvestment projects that are underway. We have recently enhanced our meeting space, the pool is scheduled before the end of the year, we are building a VIP Lounge on the 20th floor and then reconcepting some of our food and beverage spaces.

In the spirit of communication and customer satisfaction, I would be pleased to share some specifics with you in person and invite you to call me directly at 949-760-4950.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future for many years to come as you do deserve it!

Donald Stamets

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've stayed in the hotel many times while it was a Four Seasons property and it remains well managed. Excellent location near Fashion Island. There is a new PIMCO building being constructed next door but we didn't find it more noisy than usual.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Cgg2nd
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Excellent rooms and service. Attended a luncheon and food was wonderful. The staff was courteous and went out of their way to be helpful. I left a $300 pair of headphones in the room and they Fedex them to me. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business