“Excellent for the business traveler”

Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Newport Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have been coming here for 3 years for business travel. I stay here on average 3-4 times a year. The rooms are al suites with a big living room and a seperate bedroom. The couch pulls out into a bed so you can easily sleep 4 adults in a room. They have a restaruant onsite and a great buffet breakfast every morning. The breakfast is free for Gold and Platinum members. They just updated the room service menu in the past 3-4 months (at least it seems that way since i dont recall most of the new items) and its really good. I had been getting tired of the same menu :) I have to say, I just had the street fish tacos and the grilled cheese sliders with tomato fondu, i kid you not both were excellent. Everyone is always friendly and its good to see some friendly faces (I see Kavon every time I'm here, great guy, friendly and always helpful). I will say this, the pool is small and that could be a deterrent for families if they wanted to stay at a hotel with a big pool.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian S
John J, Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. We did just update our menus in the restaurant and room service. We have had many compliments on the new menus. I will make sure that Kavon gets your feedback as well. He is a wonderful server and we are very lucky to have him.

There are newer reviews for Newport Beach Marriott Bayview

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Recent business trip. Great hotel, huge rooms, really comfortable beds. Location not ideal without a car but great for both business & pleasure. Expensive to get to & from LAX by taxi >$100 one way. Would stay again but would make sure I had a hire car for convenience

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Second time staying at this property and if you are Platinum, your status does not matter at hotel. The hotel did not have valet, no bellman for your bags, and no concierge lounge. Parking is $21 a day and you can park across street for $15 a day.
The best part of the hotel is not at the hotel, but across the street. The Upper Newport Preserve is walking distance with very nice trails.
Had a strange situation where housekeeping moved all my toiletries from one part of the sink to the other part of the sink for some unknown reason. I had all my original items nicely laid out on a washcloth. I don't like other people touching my toothbrush, vitamins, hairbrush, etc. It is not appropriate to tamper with a quests items.

Room Tip: Try to get a bay side view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Todd B
John J, Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I wanted to write back to you regarding your stay. You are correct that we don't offer a valet service but we do have bell service for guest that requests it. We also don’t have a private concierge for our Marriott reward members but we do offer all Gold and Platinum members a complimentary breakfast in our restaurant 7 days a week. We also try to upgrade our platinum guests to a premium room when available. Regarding you toiletries being move I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Our housekeepers do organize guest’s toiletries laying them on a clean towel. I hope the next time your travels bring you to Newport Beach you will give us another try. Sincerely, John

Reviewed September 3, 2013

From a European perspective the style of the hotel is a bit ancient but everything is clean and faultless. But the hotel has a bar, a restaurant, a small pool, friendly staff, rooms with a good size and reasonable value for money. It’s nicely located at the Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve, so perfect for a walk or running. Unfortunately the location is pretty remote so you definitely need a car or cab to see something else, since the immediate area doesn’t provide any attractions in walking distance.

Room Tip: A room with bayview is a good choice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank madartsfactory
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here only for one night thinking it was the other Marriott Spa Hotel near the mall. The lobby has a small bar and the pool area was small as well. This hotel is really not in Newport Beach and it does not face a bay! This hotel is closer to John Wayne Airport and the main Fwy's.off Jamborree Rd. The water shed is a runoff not close to the ocean. The rooms are comfortable suites and the beds are simply divine, typical of Marriott. The breakfast buffet is scrumptuous and free if you are Gold Marriott member or above.

Room Tip: The "bayside" rooms are not worth the extra cost!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lorilovely
John J, Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you were not happy with your view and that our location didn’t fit your needs. Over 50% of our rooms have a bay view. Although it is good to see that you did enjoy your room and bed.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The Newport Beach Marriott Bayview has all of features of a big luxury hotel and the intimacy of a small boutique hotel. The staff is helpful, warm and friendly. The accommodations are lovely. The bed is comfortable and the rooms are very clean. Whether it's a business trip, family vacation or a weekend getaway for just the two of you, I highly recommend this hotel. My husband and I have stayed there twice and will surely use it as a home base when we need another get away weekend.

Room Tip: We personally like the suites that face the bay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

You can tell the hotel mainly caters to business travelers but made for a nice leisure stay. Rate we paid was reasonable for quality/location. Only complaint is that it would have been nice if the pool was slightly larger, but it was still ok size and enjoyable. Room was clean and well maintained. Short 20 minute drive to Disneyland.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
John J, Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. I'm sorry that the pool area was not sufficient for your need. We focus on not only the business traveler but with guests with families. I hope the next time your plans bring you to Orange County you will stay with us again.