“Tranquility 5 Minutes From John Wayne Airport”

Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Newport Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel a few nights in May, 2013. Hotel is five minutes from John Wayne Airport (Orange County). Situated on the bank of an tidal estuary the hotel offers lovely views of the water. The pool and nearby gazebo are adjacent to a fountain and manicured green space. Saw some hummingbirds zipping about. Adirondack chairs provide a placid vantage point. Reception was efficient at check in, even though we arrived before noon. Parking costs $21/day, which made me sad, but all the hotels in the area charge for parking. My room was very comfortable. I did not have views of the water, but the comfortable bed made up for it. Internet service was solid (wireless and wired) in the room and in the lobby. A respectable breakfast buffet is offered mornings. One may order off a menu also. Hotel prices on food were reasonable when one remembered they were in an expensive corner of Orange County. Restaurant service was attentive. There is a welcoming sitting area in the lobby. No concierge lounge at this hotel, but the lobby is sufficiently loaded up with comfy chairs and tables to provide relaxation areas in public hotel spaces. And be honest, how many of us really need a free dessert in a lounge anyway? Hotel offers a gym with cardio equipment and a few weight machines. I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Bahnreise
There are newer reviews for Newport Beach Marriott Bayview

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I'm really glad I chose this hotel. The suite was really comfortable and set up well. The staff was great. The seating and pool areas had enough of a 'resort feel' that it didn't feel like a stuffy business hotel at all. Parking and drinks are pricey though.... But room service was good.

The location was nice. I was afraid it would feel like the hotel was in an 'industrial area'. But it didn't at all. You definitely want a car if you're staying here though to see the sights and enjoy the restaurants and shopping in the area. It's a quick and easy drive to SNA airport, too.

I would stay here again if I got a good rate!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 9th floor facing the bay. It was perfect!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank moroccanadian
John J, Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for you kind word. We would love to have you back again in the future. Thank You, John

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was a weekend get away to the Newport Area for Mother's Day. The hotel is not so attractive from the outside, but looks great on the inside. Staff was very helpful and attentive. Rooms are all Suites and spacious. Bathroom set up is a problem! There is no privacy if you have to share the bathroom. There is a sliding door that leads to the bedroom and another door that has a lock. A person can enter through the sliding door and find you in the toilet doing your "Business ", which my son found me doing. If this was a co-worker sharing a room, it would have been humiliating. This is seriously a problem. There is no other closure to the bathroom, if you enter through the sliding door. Also, the shower faces the toilet. So again, it is very inconvenient to have someone shower and you have to use the bathroom. I had to go downstairs and use the lobby bathroom because my hubby was showering and I do not like it if he see's me doing my "Business". I am pretty sure that goes for everyone. Overall, it was pleasant . We enjoyed the fire pit outside in the pool area. Had a drink from the bar, which was pricey $29 for a glass of wine and a Colada . The Marriott at Fashion Island had a better room set up. I stayed there as well. :)

Room Tip: The Marriott by Fashion Island has a better set up.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Macky G
John J, Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are very sorry about all the inconveniences during your stay with the bathroom. We hope the next time you are visiting the Newport area that you will try us again.

John

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I loved this hotel. The location was excellent. The hotel was very nice and clean. All the staff there was very friendly and helpful. I love the weather here in California and I would definitely recommend staying here if you are planning a trip to Newport beach California.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
John J, Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for you comments! We look forward to your next trip to Newport Beach!
John

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great location. We spent 1 night and we were very satisfied! Purchased the complimentary breakfast and parking package, definately the way to go, as others have mentioned, parking is $21 a night. We had a corner room on the 8th floor. Staff was very friendly. Would definately return if in the area again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
John J, Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you both for the wonderful comments. We offer some great packages that include parking and internet. Many with breakfast as well. You can find them on Marriott.com
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just returned from a two night stay at this property. I just wanted to thank all the excellent kind staff at this location who really looked after myself and my pet during the stay.

Definitely a pet friendly property.

Very pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Bayview high floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
John J, Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for the wonderfull feedback!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here because it was the location of a conference I attended. The room was beautiful, clean, spacious and quiet. There is a modest restaurant and cocktail bar.

On the down side, you pay for parking, internet, and there is no shuttle. It's a 4.5 mile trip to the nearest mall.

• Stayed: April 2013
John J, Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for your comments! We do offer free Wi-Fi in our lobby. We look forward to your next visit.