“Well maintained property. Excellent value for the area”

Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Newport Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel was well maintained and in a very good location. The room I had was a 2-room suite with a large bathroom. It was clean, modern and in excellent condition as was the rest of this property. Although there is no concierge lounge, they do offer a voucher for breakfast in the restaurant. There are not really great views from this hotel. Although we had a "bay view" room, the view was nothing to write home about. I found the customer service excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband was travelling for work and I tagged along. My husband is a Platinum member for Marriott. We stayed in this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights (2/21/13 to 2/24/13). I had made a reservation for bay-view, King suit for us.
Here are the bullets:
Wrong type room assigned
No one answer the call, unless you go to the reception desk
Accident in the bathroom
Breakfast mess up by the chef

Details:
We reached and the receptionist verified all the info, confirmed the room we had reserved and gave us the key. We reached to the room and to our surprised, they had assigned us a parking lot view (opposite to bayview) room. The girl in the reception DID NOT even bother to tell us while checking in. I called and they said they have no room available that we reserved but a handicap access room. We agreed (coz we have paid extra for the bayview) and moved to a different room.
The next morning I was taking the shower and I slipped in the bathtub (didn't have shower separate) and hit my head from back. after 15 min my husband went to take a shower and he slipped right on his tail bone. (he was lumping the whole day and had to take few Tylenol for pain that day). I called frontdesk, at your service, housekeeping and all the extensions listed but NO ONE picked up. So while on our way out I spoke to the manager and filed the report. He promised to change our room.
That evening we came back and were moved to the room right next door (which was not available till the night before, hard to believe, right?). This room had separate shower and bathtub.
We had breakfast at the breakfast lounge (Its around $36 for 2 people) and you can order your omelette made to order. So i asked the chef for an egg with veggies and cheese (no ham, bacon due to religious belief). While I was eating the omelette I found few chunks of Ham. SERIOUSLY???
Anyways, we have been staying at Marriotts for 6+ yrs now and this by far have been THE WORST.
I travel a lot and will NOT recommend anyone to stay at this property for Customer service atleast!!!

Room Tip: Bayview suits get most sun and location is closer to John Wayne airport. But if you are traveler and...
2  Thank MMATIYANi
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had a great experience during my stay here. Clean and comfortable rooms and awesome food at the hotel restaurant. Staff was excellent, friendly, and willing to help you. No free internet (very expensive, BTW); parking is also charged to your room. Staff is very friendly. Pool area is OK, Hotel has a Starbucks inside the lobby. I recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had a pleasant 1night stay. Breakfast and over night self-parking were an unexpected $20 each. Staff were friendly. Rooms were clean. it was quiet and the sunset over the bay was beautiful. It was a short trip to Fashion Island for dinner.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I like this property. It is quiet. Great location. Staff is friendly. They have the suites so the rooms are larger. The fitness center is nice and you are right next to the Back Bay if you want to walk/jog. The breakfast is good, as well. They have the pool that is partially inside/outside and outdoor pool area is nice.

Room Tip: Not a fan of the first floor rooms. Higher rooms are better.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Left hotel today.. Great stay, even though the power went out wed night. On thursday morning there was a lady at the door apologizing for the outage, which didnt last long anyway. Nice touch that many, many hotels would never think to do.

What sets this place apart is that you really feel welcome. Frequent greetings, goodmornings, good evenings, from staff. Lots of smiles. The message they send is that ..... Im glad i work here, im glad youre here, and i want you to let me help you. Opposite of the costa mesa marriott, which clearly sends the message that customers are annoying.

One complaint... Water in shower does not get hot. Im sure this is some california greenies idea of helping the environment and saving energy. But i dont know that so i run the shower 15 minutes waiting for the water to get hot. you save energy whhile i waste water. Let customers know whats going on.

Easy access to freeways, shopping and sights of newport beach. Nice areas nearby to run. I,ll be back for sure.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

For a decent price My daughters and stayed at this wonderful hotel.We had tons of room and the pool was fantastic.We had plenty to do in the area but mainly stayed in because it was such a nice place.Ordered room service and recieved more then enough good quality food.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family