“AWESOME DRINKS AND AMAZING EATS”
Review of Baja Sharkeez

Baja Sharkeez
Ranked #167 of 507 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Gilbert, Arizona
“AWESOME DRINKS AND AMAZING EATS”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We were celebrating my best friends birthday and this bar on the beach is perfect! We will be back everytime we visit!

• Visited September 2011

Illinois
“Like spring break to go”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

As soon as I walked in this place I felt like I was on spring break. The look, the feel, the drinks all screamed Cancun or Panama City or you fill in the blank. The drink deals were great and the food wasn't bad either. Free chips and salsa while you wait. You were carded at the door, so this wouldn't be a great place for kids. I should also mention that this place is somewhat self-service. You have to go to the bar to place your drink or food orders, but that didn't really bother me.

• Visited November 2011
Costa Mesa, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun for a day in the sun”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Sharkeez is great for Sunday football, and warm sunny days. At night, this place is an over crowded, booze wreaking, drunk college kids filled hole in the wall. If getting shoved in every direction and booze spilled on you multiple times is your forte, then this is the place. Come earlier in the night as a pre-party spot and it's fun.

Redondo Beach, California
“How can you beat $5 bucks for mimosas or champagne for an hour?”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

best sat/sunday breakfast special ever!

Love the Rise and Shine breakfast special before 11:30 am on the weekends. If football is playing you need to come early for a good seat. Sports TVs playing in every direction every foot or so. How can you beat under $5 bucks for mimosa or champagne for an hour and eggs, bacon, French toast or pancakes, I love the French toast and special hash browns. What a deal.

5 other locations. Like the seating configuration at this one best. Mojitos are done well.

Good eats.

• Visited December 2011
Chicago
“I'm torn!!!”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I was here 3 times over the past week as I was in town for a wedding and each time I had a COMPLETELY different experience!!!

The first time was last Wednesday night. It was slow and the servers were extremely friendly. We all got seats right at the bar. It seemed like a totally gooftastic place to bring everyone else when they arrived for the wedding festivities. It seemed like a fun little dive bar. We stayed for several hours this night and got pretty toasted.

The second time was on Friday night after one of the wedding events. We had MANY people with us and this time the place had transformed into a frat house night club. WTF??? There was standing room only and people were LOADED. Some machismo was buying all of the ladies roses and then had the nerve to tell my husBAND he was too machismo...really dude? Really...I am pretty sure you are the dude pushing 50 with your hair dyed too dark buying EVERY lady a rose. Another guy got carried out by his throat by bouncers. He somehow found my leg in the fiasco and proceeded to run up it. Lovely. Needless to say, we didn't stay long. The only great part was watching all of the older ladies dressed to kill hitting on the younger guys...who were too drunk to tell how old they were. Very entertaining.

The third time was on Sunday...Sunday Funday. What a sports cluster f***k!!! The servers were rude...even the same servers from our first night. The servers didn't want to make drinks and were complaining because of all of the sports. We stayed for about 1 drink.

It seems like the owner has tapped into to maximizing his profits by changing the scene for each day/night to ensure the maximum number of clientele coming through the door. I doubt I will ever return to Sharkeez.

Visited November 2011