“Yum....need I say any more?”

Jack Shrimp Restaurant
Ranked #299 of 507 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Newport Beach, California
“Yum....need I say any more?”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

If you're up for some New Orleans flavors and hot spicy shrimp, this place has the best taste all wrapped up in every dish...The dipping bread is oh so delicious...Lets see how hot you can take in? Not at all like hot and spicy Mexican food...the horseradish sauce is what will get you:) A Favorite Newport Beach Dining place for us...

Visited November 2012

Buena Park, California
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My family of 5 went to Jack Shrimp for lunch on a Saturday at 11:30am. I have been wanting to try this restaurant for 3 years and since there is a groupon, I bought it and came. We ordered Jack Shrimp, cat fish, salmon salad, Creole pasta, and gumbo and shared family style. Everyone liked sharing the 10 big juicy tender Jack Shrimp and dipping the bread in its sauce. The cat fish is not as good as the ones I've had in New Orleans, but it is better than any other cat fish in other Californian restaurants I have tried. The salmon was nicely grilled and the salad was crisp and fresh. Everyone raved over the Creole pasta, and we also enjoyed dipping the bread in this sauce. The gumbo was thick and not as spicy as I like. Overall, Jack Shrimp is excellent and I will be back again.

• Visited November 2012
westminster
“A Hot Night Out”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

On Wednesday evening there was no wait and we had a window table. The restaurant is across from the ocean, but buildings obscure the view.The service was attentive even though our waitress was extremely busy, but the hot crab appetizer was served with our soup and salad.. It was a choice of letting the gumbo or the dip get a bit cold. The gumbo which was very good wasn't very hot so my husband opted to eat it first.

The ambience is not im[pressive, but the spice is.- Hot, Hot Hot.! The Jack Rice was very flavorful although the chicken in the dish was a bit tough and tasteless. The mud pie was very good, but the banana /raspberry creme brullee was grainy and I didn't taste the raspberry.

For the price, I expected better.

• Visited October 2012
Orange county
“Service ruined our night”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Well, we were so excited to get out for a date, no kids!! So, we came here after driving by it a million times. When we walked in the tiny place, we heard jack the owner and greeted us. Well, so far so good. Then a girl asked where we wanted to sit and we said out in the front and she sat us quickly. Again, second person who was good. So, we're fully prepared to have a relaxing night.
But sadly, I must report the opposite. Our waitress was NOT friendly, threw down the menus and asked what we wanted to eat before we even glanced at the menu. The rest of the night she was rushing our food. She brought the app and our two salads at same time!! Then she even said, oh well, you have a lot going on here so I will wait to bring the entrees!!! Wth?????
She was very rude and we decided because of her we would not go back.
The food was decent. Not awesome but not terrible. So, if we had a great server we would have probably had a great review for this place!!
Best part is there is no corkage fee!!!! That helped turn a bad night into a good one just for that! :)

• Visited October 2012
Newport Beach, California
“New Orleans Restaurant”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Good quality and tasty - Traditional cajun fare - can request less spicy if you wish. Love their peel and eat boiled shrimp. Very casual.

Visited June 2012