“The "Help Wanted" Signs tells the story of this "wantabe" Japenese Food”

Bluefin Fine Japanese Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Bluefin Fine Japanese Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 512 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Crystal Heights
Reviewed June 3, 2011

My wife and i went to the Bluefin Fine Japanese Cuisine on June 01, 2011 around 6:00 p.m.
There was "No one" in the restaurant but a Young Man asked us if we had reservations! I looked around up and down the hallway and looked at the youngster and he immediately seated us.
We ordered several dishes! The food is way overpriced! The food my wife and i received was of bad quality! Another couple came into the restaurant and again, the young man asked if he had a reservation.
I have been to several Real Japanese Restaurants but this is not even in the class of take out. I basically paid $$$ for a meal that i would rather of went to Mcdonalds.
Too much hype and no real Japanese food! Hopefully, this restaurant will read this review and HIRE A REAL FOOD PreParer! To say it was bad is to give it too much credit!

1  Thank neversettleforless

Reviewed March 30, 2011

Bluefin is incredible - one of the best sushi/Japanese restaurants I have ever experienced outside Japan without question. It is very pricey, especially at dinner if you go ala carte. But it is delicious and very authentic (if you want it to be - they will also do Americanized rolls) - all the chefs are Japanese and very sweet and friendly. I love it.

Reviewed January 26, 2011

My husband and I got a recommendation from the valet at our hotel and tried it! Great food, cool environment.

1  Thank SamanthaL_112607
Reviewed January 9, 2011

This place has amazing sushi!
You will not leave this
place with a bit of disappointment,
even after the juicy check. Great
for an occasional splurge!

1  Thank grassshopper
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Not cheap, but if you're willing to spend the money you will be pleased with what you get! Some of the best sushi I've ever had! Great service, and a not-so-pretentious staff in an area where you'd expect the opposite (i.e. Newport Coast).. Anyway, we sat at the counter and chatted up the sushi chef. I asked him what to give me what he liked and he took me on a tour of magical sushi that started with scallops and ended with Geoduck clam. It was AWESOME! Don't get me wrong there were some highs & lows, the highs being the fresh whole fried shrimp and king crab, and the lows being the octopus. But, they were all excellent and the lows had to do more with personal preference than quality of the food! Would I go back? In a heartbeat! This place ROCKS!

1  Thank Brian L