“True Food leaves you feeling Healthy”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 513 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a fun place, open concept seating, high industrial décor and a fun bar. You can sit at a table or sit by the bar. The service is good,, not fast but the food is worth it. I usually have the Mediterranean Salad, with Feta and Greek Olives, and one of their healthy juice drinks. I really enjoy the feeling of eatng a large meal and not walking out feeling guilty or stuffed to the gills. I have tried their pizza, the Med Salad and their flourless chocolate cake for dessert and the meal is worth the wait. Usually a little crowded, but they turn over fairly quickly. There is outside seating for a nice summer night meal, and even though it is a little pricey, you feel like the money is well spent. Enjoy it every time I go.

1  Thank Ronnie F

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Yummy, healthy food. I had the Panang Curry w/Chicken and it was delicious, nice crunchy veggies in it and a tangy sauce that made my eyes water as a good curry should. Good range of interesting drinks to try. Was very impressed with True Food and will plan to visit the one local to us in San Diego soon

Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is my favorite- Go to spot... Great food, wonderful ambiance, especially outside open seating! Pizza's, drinks, curry, kale salad, veggie crudites and hummus with gluten free bread are all a must!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

On a recent trip to Newport Beach, my husband and I had lunch at True Kitchen. I had read an article about this restaurant owned by Dr. Andrew Weil and had mentioned it to my husband when he had been to Newport Beach on a business trip a few months ago. At that time he had tried to dine there for dinner but the restaurant was way too crowded and he did not want to wait.

We decided to try it for lunch while we were there last month. Definitely a good choice on our part. Everything on the menu is healthy in a good way---organic, non-processed foods.We had the smoked salmon spread which was excellent--large chunks of salmon made with greek yogurt instead of cream cheese. This gave it a fresher, lighter taste. As we frequently like to make smoked salmon spread at home, we will now be making it with greek yogurt instead of cream cheese. Thanks, Dr. Weil, for that idea!

We also had their miso soup and split a wild mushroom pizza, both of which were very tasty! The soft drinks at this restaurant are also very good. I had their seasonal ice tea which was fresh brewed with various fruits added to it and my husband had a berry lemonade which was also very tasty. If you are looking for a soda like a Coke or a Pepsi, you will not find it here!

We will definitely be back next time we are in Newport Beach and are hoping for a True Kitchen to open in the Chicagoland area very soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Do not expect gourmet cuisine... Just delicious healthy food. Ambience is average unless you sit by the fire pit.
Great selections of drinks! enjoy!