“I Just Love This Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 505 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bologna, Italy
“I Just Love This Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Was lucky to discover True Food Kitchen while on vacation in Newport Beach, thanks to the concierge at our hotel. I'm all about eating healthy, and it's great that basically everything on the menu is a safe bet. There is a huge variety, and everything I've tried has been very tasty (have been at least 3-4 times, including the Santa Monica location). I usually go with family and friends, so we've ordered a bunch of appetizers and entrees to be able to try a little bit of everything. It's rare that all members of our party are able to agree on a restaurant, but this is one exception....we couldn't get enough. As a vegetarian, there are plenty of options to keep things interesting. The atmosphere is great whether you sit inside or out, everything is so clean, open, and modern. The servers we had were all very friendly and helpful. Be sure to check out the drink menu as they have quite a few interesting fresh juice combinations (still haven't tried them all). My only complaint is that I can only enjoy TFK when on vacation in Southern California, but I hope they will eventually open up more locations throughout the country. Definitely a winner in my book!

• Visited October 2012

Carmel, California
“Unique and wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I was originally skeptical about this "fresh & healthy" food restaurant. Now I'm a believer.

A truly different and unique dining experience. The menu changes to accommodate availability of local fresh produce. Variety was far greater than I expected. I suggest a number of shared dishes to experience the range of tastes available...

Visited September 2013
Laguna Beach, California
“Lots to chose from”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good food, I've tried a couple different things from this place and have always been pleased. Like another review said, the menu is definitely "interesting", there are some unique things on there. But for a restaurant trying to serve healthy food, they do the job well. Staff is always upbeat and helpful with the menu which makes it a little more pleasant. If you're looking for a healthy meal, this is certainly a good option.

• Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Interesting menu with a healthy twist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The food is on the healthy side with interesting dishes. There is a variety of dishes for both the veggie and meat loving person. The meals are prepared using very good ingredients along with a "healthy" state of mind. The service is excellent. They do have a full bar as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a casual lunch or dinner. The price is fair as well. Great location in the Fashion Island area of Newport Beach.

• Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent and very interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Food very well prepared and tasty. Special fruit/veggie drinks available were great as well. Staff very knowledgable about different "living" foods available on menu. A very worthwhile experience and I would go again. I do not eat sushi and this was a pleasant option.

Visited August 2013