WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Indian Wells
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our stay at the Fairmont Newport Beach was truly outstanding! This is the place to be in Newport Beach. The location is great as were the rooms, the food and the service. We look forward to retuning on our next trip.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontNewportBeach, Online Marketing Manager at Fairmont Newport Beach, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about the hotel. I"m very happy to hear you had such a nice stay with us and look forward to sharing your kind words with the staff. I know they'll be thrilled to hear it. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.
lucas.schumacher@fairmont.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Korean first
Sparks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Excellent!!!

When you arrived I was great by at least 3 people. They all offered there assistance with my baggage. The front desk person immediately looked me up and called me by name and asked if there is anything else he could help me with and handed me a key. Less than 2 minutes. Excellent Service!!!

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your extremely kind words about the hotel. I'm thrilled to hear you had such a nice time and felt so welcome by the staff. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service and it's always nice to hear our guests' appreciation. Thanks again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
North Vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Concierge was great. Bikes were awesome. Most stuff was normal except key didn't work upon check in so had to go back down to get new keys. Internet program under pres club was confusing. Forced valet and then they didn't have the car registered so it took some sorting out to get our car. Most annoying thing was that we left two articles of clothing in closet with 100% certainty and called later in the day of check out and they were not retrieved. I don't like to accuse but one of two things happened, housekeeper insists the closet was checked so either this is untrue and next guest scored 2 brand new blouses or someone in housekeeping did. I've left items in rooms in past and have always had them returned so to have this happen from a Fairmont is really disappointing. Also felt brushed off when trying to find out and get help on the matter.

1 Thank Jodi V
FairmontNewportBeach, Online Marketing Manager at Fairmont Newport Beach, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. It sounds like your stay was quite uneven and for that I'm sorry. I'm very troubled to hear of the situation with your clothing. We take matters involving guest property very seriously and I apologize if you felt we failed to do so. I would like you contact me directly so that I can put you in touch with the hotel manager. If you could email me at lucas.schumacher@fairmont.com I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again and I anxiously await your response.
Marana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Good Location, the room was clean and roomy, the service at the pool is the best and the food was good at the pool side, Everyone at the hotel was helpful and the express checked was easy and the car was ready for us.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontNewportBeach, Online Marketing Manager at Fairmont Newport Beach, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thanks for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm pleased you enjoyed your time with us and found the service excellent. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Honolulu
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Not up to the usual Fairmont standards- poor service, grubby rooms & hallways, and not good housekeeping service at all.
Valet service was the bright spot of this stay- excellent service fro the valet crew.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for commenting on your stay with us. I'm very sorry to hear you found the hotel not up to typical Fairmont standard. I'm pleased that you found the valet team excellent and will share your comments with the staff. Thanks again and I hope you'd be willing to return and give you the experience you deserve.
Rockenberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is really an excellent Hotel. We had a beautiful junior suite on the top flour, with a nice view. The only Thing I really criticize is that they don´t offer shower facilities close to the swimming pool. The breakfast buffet is very rich and offers good food.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel. I'm happy you enjoyed your time with us and found your suite beautiful. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team, I know they'll be pleased to hear it. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed here recently for a wedding. The grounds / common areas are very nice, the wedding and catering piece were fantastic.

Pool was nice with a decent poolside menu. The staff were mainly friendly and the rooms themselves are nice as well as clean. We got a very favorable nightly rate although I don't know if that was because of our involvement with the wedding, the fact that it was California in July, or whether their rates are always reasonable. In relation to the nightly rate we paid, I thought the hotel was just great.

One thing i did not care for, which is a pet peeve of mine, is that they charge 10 bucks to use the internet in the room, yet it is free if you schlep your lap top down to the lobby. Similarly, we called the front desk to ask them a question, and they ended up connecting us to a local business in the area. When we checked out, we were told that there was a $1.50 charge for this local call. When I am away, especially on a non-business trip, there is nothing I hate more than being "nickel and dimed," which was the exact feeling I got from both the internet charges and the $1.50 charge for
being connected on a basic local call.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed the wedding and found the function fantastic. We aim to provide great value to our guests, so it's nice to hear your appreciation. That being said, I'm sorry that you felt "nickel and dimed' and I did want to point out that we do offer complimentary WiFi to members of our Fairmont President's Club Loyalty Program, so I apologize if you weren't made aware of that fact. Thanks again and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.