“Trip”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Fremont
“Trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

spiders are there in the room, and coffee maker is not working. Water is kind of smell I am sure that is in my room or all. They collected internet fee from my conference booking, still they collected additional fee for internet. I have no idea why I am charged twice.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontNewportBeach, Online Marketing Manager at The Duke Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I regret to hear of the various issues you experienced during your stay. I would like to get some more information about your particular case and would appreciate it if you would email me at: lucas.schumacher@fairmont.com. Thank you and I await your response.
Lucas Schumacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Korean first
Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

As with most Fairmont hotels I stay at everything was excellent. But what was most exceptional at this Fairmont was the front door manager. I have no idea why but he remembered my name every time I saw him and he addressed me by name each time. I'm no one special but he certainly made me feel special. His name is Michael. Don't recall his last name but he is a true gentlemen that loves his work. I hope the Fairmont Newport Beach appreciates your value to the hotel. Kudos Michael !!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your extremely kind words about the hotel. We aim to turn moments into memories for our guests and it sounds like we did just that. Guest name usage is a simple, but effective way for us to convey our commitment to delivering engaging service. Thanks again for your kind words and I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to Michael.
Great Falls, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Called ahead of time to as concierge to book tee time and she sent me a link and offered to book a tee time but when I emailed back and said please book it but then no response so went on golf now and last minute. In my room, the carpet was dirty and worn, no free wifi, dirty toilet on bathtub side bottom, loose soap holder and loose towel rack. The restaurant people are very good as were the catered dinner service. Great location to the John Wayne airport.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay overall but apologize for lack of follow up by the concierge team. We are fortunate to be located near John Wayne Airport and close to many of Orange County's most desirable attraction. I'm sorry to hear of the state of some of the items in your guest room. That is certainly not indicative of the quality of product we strive to provide. I would like to get some more information about the condition of your particular guestroom. I would appreciate if you would email me at: lucas.schumacher@fairmont.com. Thanks again and I anxiously await your response.
Yorba Linda
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

No free wifi
Customer service is zero.
Booked a suite with a pool view, upon checking in, front desk acknowledged the request. Checked into the room, no pool view and back to front desk asked for the pool view again and was informed the particular suites are not available with pool view! Should have told the truth upon reservation, could have prevent mistrust experience during stay

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontNewportBeach, Online Marketing Manager at The Duke Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and found our customer service lacking. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service, so I'm very sorry to hear we fell so short in your case. I did want to point out that members of our Fairmont President's Club Loyalty Program receive numerous benefits including complimentary WiFi. I apologize if you weren't made aware of that fact. Thanks again and I hope that you would be willing to give us another chance to give you the experience you deserve.
West Point, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Business trip and client recommendation (they had a rate) brought me here. It is very close to John Wayne Orange County airport and they have a shuttle/pickup service which is very convenient. Hotel is located close to major businesses in the OC area. They provided a shuttle so I could rely on them for drop off at the client offices and pickup in the evening, Room was delightful with a nice bed and lots of pillows. The restaurants were all top notch - even the bar food was tasty. I noticed a couple of dogs so they are evidently pet-friendly as well. All the staff were accommodating and friendly without being too chummy. Consider this a strong recommendation from a very experienced business and personal traveller.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. While we welcome all guest feedback, we are particularly pleased to hear from such a seasoned traveler as yourself. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our service helpful and our location convenient. We feel fortunate to be located so close to John Wayne Airport and near many of Orange County's most desirable attractions. Thanks again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

If you want to feel important, have lovely accommodations and feel like a millionaire, stay at the Fairmont Newport Beach. The staff is wonderful and the free shuttle service takes you to/from airport and local spots.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontNewportBeach, Online Marketing Manager at The Duke Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about the hotel. I'm thrilled that we made you feel so special, as we strive to do so for all our guests. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming again to the Fairmont.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is an excellent property - centrally located to airport, beach, shopping - getting from here to anywhere is easy because of its accessibility to freeways - if you want to enjoy the lounge after 12:00 bring your own bottle as the staff is more interested in going home than servicing drinks to the guests

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontNewportBeach, Online Marketing Manager at The Duke Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay. As you mentioned we are centrally located and an excellent point from which to explore Orange County. While I'm pleased you enjoyed your time with us, I apologize for the inattentiveness of the lounge staff. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.