We stayed at this property for 2 nights celebrating our anniversary. At check in I asked for a room in the main tower based on the reviews here and they accomodated us right away. We had a direct ocean view. Although the property is not on the ocean and kinda far from the ocean, you can see the water past the golf course and thru the trees.
The room and bathroom were small but spotless. They just did a huge remodel to this hotel. The shower was glass encased and really nice! The bed was the most comfortable bed I've slept on in a long time. Even more comfortable then my own. I've never slept in a hotel bed this comfortable before. The only complaint we had with the room is the noise. We were on the 9th floor at the end, so we thought it would be quiet, but apparently the hotel is a happening one with lots going on, so there was noise until late in the night. Lots of 20 something year olds in the pool until late having fun.
Fashion Island is directly across the street and a great mall to walk to shop and eat at. We noticed some guests parked at the mall to escape the parking fee. But if you self park at the hotel it's $16.00 per night and we thought it was more peace of mind that our car wasn't in a mall parking lot all night long. Valet parking is $22.00 per night. Self park is very close to the entrance and you have in and out privilages for your entire stay.
We had breakfast at Sam & Harry's for Sunday brunch and it was excellent. I highly recommend it!!! Starbucks is on the premises and at night there are a few fire pits on a deck above the pool that is very nice to sit at and take in the ocean breeze.
I would absolutely stay here again and we plan to go back soon. The staff was extremely friendly and always wanted to make sure we were satisfied with everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid the unparalleled beauty and relaxed luxury of Newport Beach comes an inventive new concept in hospitality - and a whole new take on the Southern California lifestyle. Welcome to the $75 million redesign of the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa, where you'll find your most ambitious visions realized. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Marriott, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel And Spa
- Marriott Newport Beach