The front desk staff, bell staff and wait staff, along with anyone else you encountered who worked at this hotel, provided superior, friendly and helpful service. I was there for a business meeting so the location was not particularly relevant. We had catered meals by the hotel for two lunches and one dinner. All were served in style and in lovely surroundings.
The room and bathroom were updated and the mattress quite comfortable.
The only item marring my stay was some sort of electronic "chirping" in my room at odd and obnoxious hours of the night. I mentioned to the hotel staff and they changed the battery in the smoke detector but it still went off the last night at 4:30 a.m. I'm not sure what the source is but for a light sleeper, it is a problem.
The only other item that prevents a five star rating is the common practice among these types of hotels for charging you very high prices for what business travelers require, i.e. internet service and copies. I refuse to give a 5 star in protest of this practice.
But the staff was lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid the unparalleled beauty and relaxed luxury of Newport Beach comes an inventive new concept in hospitality - and a whole new take on the Southern California lifestyle. Welcome to the $75 million redesign of the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa, where you'll find your most ambitious visions realized. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel And Spa
- Marriott Newport Beach