The hotel is located in essentially a commercial center, surrounded by office buildings with a shopping center across the street. Valet parking and self parking are available; for the extra $8 go for the valet, since the self parking lot seemed quite a distance away.
The room was a very nice size, with a balcony view of a golf course and, in the distance, the ocean. The bathroom, however, was disappointingly small. For example, the shower door opened and just missed the toilet by inches. The room and bath were spotless.
Entrance to all of the rooms is via an outdoors walkway. While the room was quiet, you could hear most of the people outside, which was a bit disturbing.
Directly across the street from the hotel is a very large, somewhat upscale shopping center. There are a number of restaurants and lots of interesting (but mostly chain) stores, which provides a nice change of pace.
Overall a nice place if you are in this part of the world for business or perhaps passing through the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid the unparalleled beauty and relaxed luxury of Newport Beach comes an inventive new concept in hospitality - and a whole new take on the Southern California lifestyle. Welcome to the $75 million redesign of the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa, where you'll find your most ambitious visions realized. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel And Spa
- Marriott Newport Beach